One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Sr. QA Automation Lead
Location: United States
- Remote USA
This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health, and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Responsible for both quality assurance and quality control. Ensure quality in all project activities and deliverables. Be responsible for both automation and manual testing activities in a hands-on capacity with opportunity to perform active test leadership responsibilities as needed. Focus on defect prevention and continuous improvement. Create an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities to ensure that objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. Test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
Ensure our project deliverables are of the highest quality. Share ideas and tools that can make our people, processes, and systems better. Ensure our technology is “fit for purpose” and “right the first time” to provide a positive experience to our business partners and policyholders, effectively making us more approachable and touching more lives.
Guide and mentor less senior members of the QA team on test design, execution, and methodologies.
What you do
- Design and develop automation scripts and framework
- Design and write comprehensive test cases and participate in manual functional and exploratory testing
- Build, maintain, advance, and architect automated test infrastructure and automation test harnesses for various products and projects
- Develop and drive automation and manual test planning, cases, and strategy across several functional teams, to both ensure product quality and to contribute to Continuous Integration and Delivery efforts
- Establish processes and tool sets to develop and maintain automation scripts
- Evaluate the latest testing and technology tools and perform proof of concept to advance our automation practice
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to different stakeholders
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems and develop creative solutions
- Perform code reviews on unit, API, E2E and/or Application scripts
- Influence software engineering best practices within your team
- Provide training, mentoring, and guidance to other team members
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the QA domain
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 4+ years related experience with quality assurance methodology, tools in automation, manual testing, and defect management required
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills including experience developing automation in at least one OO language (Java, C#/C++) required
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks (Selenium, TestNG/Junit, Maven), tools (IntelliJ), services, and physical devices required
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development, creation and reporting of test metrics required
- Knowledge of software test engineering best practices across the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing desired
- Practical knowledge and experience in distributed architectures, web service APIs (e.g. HTTP, REST, SOAP), microservices desired
- Knowledge of mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation desired
- Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies desired
What we offer:
- Our company motto is Fulfilling Life and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and ersity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
Remote – USA