One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Sr Data & Insights Analyst
Location: , Hybrid Remote, United States
Organization: Constellation Energy Generation, LLC
Job ID: 246454
As the nation’s largest producer of clean, carbon-free energy, Constellation is a company purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis. Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now, we’re accelerating, speeding our low-carbon or no-carbon power to more people in more places, day and night, providing our customers and communities with options to buy, manage and use energy as part of their decarbonization mission. The race is on to confront the climate crisis and Constellation is ready to meet the challenge.
Constellation has been the leader in carbon-free energy production for more than a decade, and generates 50% more clean, carbon-free electricity than any other company in America. We’re generating power 24/7 with the nation’s largest emission-free nuclear energy fleet, providing enough clean energy to power 15 million homes. Constellation offers customers a range of clean, zero-carbon energy solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are committed to advancing ersity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining, and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners, and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each inidual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build, and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick days; and much more.
Expected salary range of $86,400 to $96.000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k).
The Commercial Strategy group is seeking a Senior Data & Insights Analyst to join the Customer Experience & Competitive Market Intelligence team. This team provides actionable, fact-based customer and competitive insights that inform Constellation business decisions; gathers and synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data into insights in support of sales strategies, and growth opportunities.
The Senior Data & Insights Analyst is responsible for data mining, data aggregation, analysis, and visualization to support translating data into insights to help Constellation evolve experiences, solutions, and services. Leveraging a strong technical and analytical skillset, this inidual possesses an expert level of data interpretation and identifying inconsistencies in data. This role requires an effective communicator, aspiring, and able to drive insights into actions.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Data mining, processing, and organizing across a variety of source systems to support and conduct statistical analysis and analytical insights 25%
- Design, develop and maintain appropriate mechanisms for tracking & performance management (e.g., Power BI dashboards, reports) 25%
- Use an analytical, data-driven approach to help deliver analysis, insights and reporting that will influence business strategy and decisions 20%
- Various monthly and quarterly reporting for business leaders to evaluate performance 15%
- Contribute to ad hoc projects executed by the Customer Experience and Customer Market Intelligence team by structuring data, conducting analyses, and synthesizing presentations or other report-outs. 15%
The analyst will work closely with members of the Strategy, Sales, Finance, IT, Operations, and Business Performance & Analytics departments. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in both Statistics and Business. Ideally the candidate will possess the following skills: technical, quantitative/statistical and communication.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related fields required
- 3-7 years of experience in data intensive roles
- Expertlevel use of Microsoft Excel (Including advanced features and Techniques) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a
- variety of databases
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience translating data insights to actionable solutions
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and independent decision-making
- Understanding of business value drivers and corresponding business impact
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with internal and external customers
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Prior experience with Constellation or affiliates preferred
- Experience in a customer facing industry
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with complex, Big Data databases, statistical programs, and other tools (SAS, Python, R, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the energy products, markets, competitors, and business-to-business (B2B) needs
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.