One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Order is a guided B2B marketplace with a mission to simplify buying for businesses. Order makes it easy for businesses to place and track purchases across all their vendors, control spend, and make payments in a single, consolidated bill. Tailored insights and purchasing recommendations fuel smarter spending decisions so businesses can easily save time and money on what they need to grow.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York City, Order oversees nearly half a billion in annualized spend across hundreds of customers like WeWork, SoulCycle, Lume, and High Level Health. Order has raised $50M in funding from industry-leading investors like MIT, Stage 2 Capital, Rally Ventures, 645 Ventures, and more. Order has been proudly named as a 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn.
See growth from a new perspective, when everything is in Order. Visit us at Order.co.< class="h3">Job Description>
As an SDET you will be involved in the entire software development process to ensure product quality. You will be responsible for creating, and maintaining automated test scripts for existing and newly implemented features. You will work closely with the Product and Engineering Teams. This position will be reporting to the Director of Quality.
What you'll do
- Define automation strategy, plan, create and maintain testing scripts for new and existing product features
- Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in the end-to-end quality of major deliverables
- Work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services
- Have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency
- Develop testing activities that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis on issues as they come up
- Conduct code reviews and tophatting to ensure that the code health of the automation suite is improving overtime
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications and documentation review
- Be the voice of quality in a highly collaborative, agile development environment
- Take a proactive approach to address application testing process flaws and prevent inefficiency before it happens
- Help build a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and constant improvement
- 5+ years of experience as an SDET or Test Automation Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent College diploma
- Have a solid in-depth knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining automated UI tests using Selenium WebDriver and Rspec Ruby
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Extensive experience with testing complex systems and integrations
- Experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCi, CodePipeline or BuildKite
- Implemented monitoring tools using production-level monitoring systems DataDog or NewRelic
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and get things done
- Able to work under pressure when an urgent problem arises and help bring problems into perspective for others
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an Agile environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Nice to have
- Experience with Security Testing principles including Penetration Testing
What you'll receive
- A competitive compensation package as well as stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k)
Order is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.