One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors like D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the role
As a member of Shippo’s Accounting Team, you’ll be joining a small but mighty team. We are a service organization that strives to exceed our “customers” expectations. You’ll be responsible for processing vendor invoices for timely payment, and take the lead on resolving vendor questions and onboarding into our AP system. You’ll track all payments, ensuring our partners, carriers and vendors are paid in a timely manner. As we implement our purchase order system, you’ll take the lead on cross-team purchase order policy training. You will also process expense reports from employees and help to identify discrepancies vs policy and escalate in an appropriate manner.
- Support fast-paced growth with a flexible mindset including over procure-to-pay, hire-to-pay, and indirect tax compliance processes
- Actively participate in monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations, as needed
- Thrive in ambiguity with the ability to re-prioritize based on many business needs
- Continuously improve business processes, and systems, and enhance documentation and controls
- Support annual audits performed by external auditors
- Complete special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field; CPA is a plus
- 2+ years experience in AP
- Excellent prioritization skills and organization skills
- Tech-savvy with strong Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Tipalti is a plus