One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Corporate Paralegal (Securities)
Remote, United States Fort Mill, South Carolina Tempe, Arizona Plano, Texas Phoenix, Arizona Minneapolis, Minnesota St. Cloud, Minnesota Duluth, Minnesota Bloomington, Minnesota Rochester, Minnesota Owatonna, Minnesota St. Paul, Minnesota Charlotte, North Carolina Austin, Texas 2023-310
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Shutterfly seeks to hire a Corporate Paralegal to support the legal department. This is a full-time position. In this role you will work closely with the Associate General Counsel (Corporate) and other department attorneys, as well as cross-departmentally with business development, finance, accounting and human resources, on a wide variety of corporate matters including corporate governance, securities filings, subsidiary management, M&A, financing transactions and stock administration.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Assist with securities filings, including but not limited to, private-company Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports, Current Reports and related D&O and Disclosure Committee questionnaires.
- Assistance with corporate governance function including maintaining minute books and records with respect to the Board, committees, all subsidiaries, parents and affiliates and provide legal entity organization charts and periodic reports to parties, as required.
- Preparation, filing and/or maintenance of certificates of incorporation/registration, annual reports, powers of attorney, reinstatements, withdrawals, trade name registrations, and corporate and banking resolutions
- Provide corporate secretarial and governance support for matters related to bank account authorizations, intercompany idends, capital contributions, capital reductions, subsidiary reorganizations, guarantees, financing transactions, real estate transactions, intercompany transactions, promissory notes, and intercompany loans
- Support of mergers & acquisitions transactions including preparation for closing and collection and organization of due diligence materials
- Provide KYC information and documents (formation documents, incumbency certificates, etc.) in connection with opening and maintenance of bank accounts and all other treasury related transactions
- Manage relationships with corporate registered agent and various external counsel globally, liaising with them as necessary for apostille and legalization process of foreign documents
- Perform administrative duties such as distributing documents for signature via Docusign, and review of invoices submitted for annual registration of subsidiaries
- Review capitalization table on a quarterly basis
- Ability to project manage complex transactions and corporate projects, including the management of checklists and proactively and independently driving items to closure
- Contribution to other department projects as needed, including without limitation real estate, commercial agreements, etc.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 5 years paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, with a preference to in-house experience
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification
- Strong skills with Excel, Word, and Outlook are key
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively with employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Strong ability to prioritize, project manage and get things to the finish line
- Strong ability to form relationships with different stakeholders and get things done
- Current Notary Certification/License
- A minimum of three (3) years of hands-on entity management experience
- Experience with Tax and Real Estate
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.
Supporting a erse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.California: [$64600-$91450] Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$64600-$83800] Colorado and Washington: [$64600 $77600] Nevada: [$60800 – $83800] This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.