One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Legal Assistant – Remote
time type Full time
job requisition id R-08487
Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.
Job Posting Title
Legal Assistant – Remote
The Legal Assistant is responsible for providing advanced paraprofessional and administrative duties for the Legal Department with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality, discretion and independent judgment.
- Manage legal matter management, e-billing and analytics tool
- Assist with the management of corporate governance
- Provide administrative and clerical support for all general office duties within the Legal department including but not limited to: coordination or execution of special projects, handling of phone calls, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reporting and management, scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, conferences, onboarding new employees, submitting security requests, department event planning, creating and socializing meeting agendas, manage department invoices and check requests, attorney memberships, subscriptions, CLE registration, record management, maintain department contact lists, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence, proofread and organize litigation-related and transactional documents such as pleadings, discovery documents and due diligence materials, compose routine letters and memoranda, and route, answer, or approve correspondence not requiring escalated attention
- Manage shared email boxes within the Legal department including responding to or triaging emails, reviewing marketing materials and member record requests received via subpoenas
- Manage the administrative responsibilities related to the department-owned contracts by maintaining the electronic and physical files, and may include assisting in drafting activities, preparing responses to internal and external inquiries regarding the contracts, and distributing copies of contracts upon request
- Assist with the development and scheduling of Legal training for the organization; writer for the department’s business continuity plan
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma from an accredited school or equivalent GED
- 2 years of work experience within Legal and/or Compliance
- 2 years of work experience in an administrative or department coordination role
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive approach with the ability to anticipate needs and self-direct to ensure accountabilities are fulfilled; Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Expert level attention to detail with previous experience consolidating information from various sources into executive summaries, spreadsheets, presentations and reports
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships internally and externally, at all levels of an organization
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in business or a legal secretary certification by an accredited organization; HS diploma or GED is required
- 5 years of work experience in an administrative, department coordination, Legal or Compliance related role with at least 2 years experience working within a Legal department, law firm, government agency, or other related entity
- Significant working knowledge of, and experience applying Legal terminology, Board practices, and E-Billing with Tracker
- Experience with SAP, Concur, C360, SharePoint
- Previous experience in Pharmacy Benefit Management, managed care or other healthcare organization
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports to Sr Professional in the Legal department
Potential pay for this position ranges from $24.38 – $36.30 based on experience and skills. Pay range may vary by 8% depending on applicant location.
To review our Benefits, Incentives and Additional Compensation, visit our Benefits Page and click on the “Benefits at a glance” button for more detail.
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage erse candidates to apply and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class under federal, state, or local law.