We build engineering productivity supertools that automate necessary-but-mundane developer workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Pendo. With MergeQueue’s productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks.
We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
The two founders are both ex-Googlers with backgrounds building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.
About the role
About the company
MergeQueue (YC S21) builds tools to automate necessary-but-mundane engineering workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Square. With MergeQueue’s productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks. We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
About the role
The two co-founders are both ex-Googlers and we’re now looking to hire a Growth Operations teammate to join our team.
Things you’ll help with:
- Develop product messaging that differentiates us from others in the market.
- Effectively communicate the value of new products and services to prospective customers.
- Assist on sales calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Develop and implement promotional activities such as promotions and product launches.
- Use market research data to help determine product pricing.
- Create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Create content that improves SEO.
- Develop and implement ideas for engaging the software-developer community.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Lead cold email campaigns.
- Experiment with new growth channels.
- Identify partnership opportunities and help manage strategic partner relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn some technical concepts (don’t worry, we’ll guide you).
- Good design skills is a plus.
Other points to note
- Open to applicants from any location (we’re remote first), but available during Pacific Time work hours.
- Education background largely irrelevant as long as you’re able to communicate and learn effectively.
- Show us evidence of exceptional organizational skills, time-management skills, quick learning and problem-solving skills - these are the main qualities we’re looking for in this role.
- You’ll have to learn some technical concepts about our product to be effective in this role, so show us any evidence of learning new technical concepts if possible.
- Over time, a successful candidate in this role will grow into the Head of growth/ops/marketing.
What we offer in return
- A competitive salary and full benefits (health, dental, vision).
- Unlimited vacation policy (we encourage a minimum of 2 weeks every year to make sure you actually take vacation).
- A learning-oriented culture: we’ll sponsor books, tools, and other job-related learning that you’re interested in.
- An opportunity to grow the company and culture from its early days.
- Don’t see something you were looking for/ need? Let us know!
About the role
We are looking for a founding engineer to join our team to build the initial product alongside the founders. The founding engineer is an extension to us, the founders, and have the same voice on the table. We think of the founding engineer having the ethos of being a founder themselves.
An ideal founding engineer has a unique mix of software expertise, domain knowledge, and execution driven mindset.
What you will do
- Work closely with the users to understand their development needs and use cases to guide our roadmap. Ensure customer needs are supported by broader engineering team through effective prioritization.
- Build prototypes all the way to final products. Solve complex issues for our users.
- Collaborate with our founders to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of users landscape.
- Take ownership and drive initiatives for segments within the product.