One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Security & Privacy Tooling)
Location: Remote – USA
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Platform Security team you will take high-ownership critical Security-related & Security-adjacent services for Abnormal. To be successful in this role you should think of yourself as a Software Engineer first, because ultimately you’ll be spending 60%+ of your time as a hands-on SWE (writing code & designing distributed systems & microservices).
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with the following qualities:
- A mission-first drive to maintain’s Abnormal’s disruptively pragmatic ability to stop attackers and protect our customers (and our customer’s customers).
- A high sense of ownership in consistently providing products & experiences with direct real-world impact
- A principle-first approach to building scalable, customer-centric solutions
- An ability to iterate in real-time – solving novel problems, quickly and autonomously
- Someone who understand that excellence in Security means a careful and measure approach that results in a quality product our customer’s trust
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Professional exposure or non-professional passion for Security & Privacy
- Experience designing distributed systems and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) applications
- Proven track record of leading projects and delivering high quality software
- Ability to differentiate must-have versus nice-to-have Security & Privacy requirements
Skills that you may find helpful in this role:
- Experience with the challenges and best-practices with Authentication & Authorization (OAuth, SSO, mTLS, JWT, SPIFFE/SPIRE, etc.)
- An understanding of Personal Identifiable Information data & knowledge in ways to protect it
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms (symmetric vs asymmetric) and their applications
Skills/background that are NOT a fit for this role:
- Those Security Engineers coming from System, Network, or other operational security [we love you! It’s just not that team]
- Software Engineers who lack understanding of secure coding and defensive programming
About Abnormal Security
We’re the world’s fastest-growing cybersecurity company, dedicated to making the world a safer place, one inbox at a time. Through applying ML, AI, and behavioral data science to the cybersecurity space, we’re leading the charge on protecting the modern workplace from all types of attacks. We operate from a customer-obsessed mindset, dedicated to creating a best-in-class product that delivers on its promise, and our customers love us for it.
We take the same approach with our team as we do with our customers. We’re committed to designing an employee experience that provides interesting and challenging problems to work on in a supportive, low-ego environment. Our seasoned, successful leadership team is passionate about providing endless opportunities for every team member to learn and grow, and our entire company is committed to being 1% better every day. With 4.9 stars on Glassdoor and several recently announced workplace awards, our team thinks it’s going pretty well so far!
We know that it’s our team that makes us successful – and we’re just getting started! You can read more about our team here.
Far from gathering dust in some forgotten corner, our values serve as our operating principles for every team member. We clearly define what values drive us, so our entire team works from the same foundation and understanding. From the CEO to the interns, all of us are held accountable to our VOICE Framework.
Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. Our compensation and benefits philosophy is designed to put attract, motivate, and retain top talent:
- Compensation targeted to the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity)
If we want top performers to join and stay with us, we need to pay accordingly. We pay at the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity) of our competitive market, and we benchmark to higher cost of living cities (such as San Francisco and New York) no matter where our team members live. We standardize our pay, meaning we pay for the role and level, not for any particular inidual’s ability to interview or negotiate well.
- Equity is an important part of our total comp strategy
When the company does well, we all do well. Equity is an important and exciting part of our total compensation strategy as a pre-IPO startup. We’re guided by the belief our team members should share in the financial success of our company and grant equity accordingly.
- Unlimited PTO
All regular salaried team members enjoy unlimited PTO. We want team members to grow with us and a big part of that is making sure our team has the opportunity to rest and recharge. We also observe 12 holidays every year.
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered
Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. We cover 100% of employee health care premium costs. If adding dependents, we contribute 75% of the health care premium cost, so you can be sure that you and your family are in the best possible health.
Operating as a remote-first company means we get to work with talented folks, no matter where they live. We prioritize a balance of deep focus time with Zoom meetings, and regular in-person events.
As a fast growing startup, we continuously review, improve, and personalize our benefits offerings based on the team’s input. Don’t see something that’s important to you? Let us know!
Our Interview Process
We value transparency at Abnormal, and our interview process is no exception. You can read more about our interview process here.
If this job feels like something that’s a good fit for you, please apply via the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!
INCLUSION MATTERS: Abnormal Security is committed to creating a erse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.