One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
**About the position**The Director of Global Information Technology (Director) ensures the Internet Society’s (ISOC) Information Technology (IT) systems development, design, and implementation support the organization’s ability to execute its mission while assuring best technology practices are followed. Reporting to the Vice President of Systems and Support (VP), the Director will provide leadership, strategic direction, management, and coordination of the Internet Society’s internally and externally facing IT infrastructure, operations and development; including oversight of the Information Technology (IT) Department.
The Director will work closely with the other leaders of Systems and Support including the Financial Systems and Collaborative Systems team leaders. Together, these leaders will comprise the Systems and Support Leadership Team (SSLT) along with the VP of Systems and Support. As part of the SSLT, the Director will seek innovative ways to integrate and automate the ISOC’s systems and tools to enable the organization to work safely and efficiently. The Director will manage the IT ecosystem of tools and the environment. The Director will work collaboratively with users, teams and partners to determine the best broad, strategic IT implementation to meet organization's and team’s goals and to expand the business impact of IT.
The successful candidate will be both strategic and detail oriented in delivering IT services. It is essential that the Director is perceptive, realistic and willing to work at all levels of the organization, on any project. As an insightful manager, this person would lead a broad technology roadmap to help the organization profit from leading-edge initiatives. At the same time, the Director would deal with the realities of the organization, its mission and objectives. The balance between looking to the future and keeping the day-to-day operational aspects of IT must be struck for a successful Director of IT and ISOC in general. This position has direct reports.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
- Work in close collaboration with all levels of staff to understand, link and align IT capabilities with operational, business, communication and other requirements, including providing robust and adaptable communications and engagement capabilities within the Internet Society and with and among its growing partnerships and communities.
- Provide strategic guidance and management to the IT staff to ensure the continuation and extension of a robust and responsive IT Department which includes:
- Help Desk Management, including JIRA Implementation
- Create and maintain robust office automation and productivity tools
- Maintain a responsive and customer-oriented IT team that is a trusted advisor and partner to all levels of the organization
- Creation and maintenance of high availability systems
- Deployment, maintenance and documentation of best practice methodologies for security and operational efficiency
- Continue to deliver technical solutions to business problems in an agile and flexible methodology
- With input from the Leadership Team on policies, principles and strategic priorities, define, update and implement an IT strategy that encompasses the broad range of internal work styles and reflects the erse and complex programs and activities across the organization.
- Lead/organize cross-organizational efforts to address IT-related business requirements in a collaborative, transparent manner.
- Oversee and manage software tools development and implementation
- Align the IT team’s overall and inidual goals, objectives and prioriotizies to those of the organization
- Define standards and architectures for the effectiveness of a global enterprise
- Manage the overall IT budget
- Communicate proactively and comprehensively with departmental stakeholders regarding IT project timelines and deliverables
- Develop and implement sound IT business processes and methodologies for project and resource assessment and management, as well as sound day-to-day IT practices
- Oversee IT project design and implementation, including on-going verification of business requirements
- Manage and align current IT systems and vendors with ISOC business needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT project management experience, at least 5 in an international environment
- Five years at the senior level of an organization preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success as a people manager
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and continuous improvement experience
- Familiarity with electronic communication applications and tools such as Slack, WordPress, and Box
- People-oriented and a team player who acts with integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English with proficiency in at least one additional language considered a plus.
- Excellent time management, planning, organisation, and problem solving skills
- The ability to gain trust across an international community and build enduring relationships and drive tasks across virtual teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver quality results in a timely manner across a growing organization
- Identity Access Management experience, such as MS Azure preferred, but not required
- Information Security experience preferred, but not required
- Moderate travel may be necessary to ensure coverage of operational and development offices, open for discussion if travel proves a hardship