One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Math Content Reviewer (contract)
Are you the kind of person who:
- is so passionate about math education that you could speak about it all day long?
- wants to make an impact on students and teachers?
- is passionate about supporting all learners?
- loves dissecting math standards and finding the best ways to teach them?
- is known among your colleagues for getting things done?
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young and ambitious company looking to disrupt the EdTech market with innovative instructional materials strongly aligned to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
We are looking to partner with a current or former educator to serve as a reviewer of our high school mathematics content to ensure strong alignment to the Common Core mathematics standards.
Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience teaching the Common Core mathematics standards in a US high school classroom. Ideal candidates have prior experience reviewing instructional materials for organizations like EdReports (or for a district or state adoption process) and are familiar with the EdReports critieria with a strong understanding of Focus, Coherence, and Rigor.
This role will help to ensure that all students and teachers have access to high quality instructional materials for mathematics, so if you share that passion this might be the role for you.
About the role:
You will be:
- Reviewing digital textbook content for alignment to the Common Core State Standards, balance of rigor, and attention to the Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Providing feedback and suggestions for improvement to student lessons and teacher materials
- Communicating regularly with a small team of content writers to support them in writing quality content
- Reviewing content against the EdReports rubric, identifying areas of weakness within each course, and making suggestions for improvement
Required qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with a focus in math/STEM/education
- minimum of 4 years experience as a high school mathematics teacher in US classrooms (teaching to the Common Core standards)
- in depth knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for mathematics (grades 6-12)
- have reviewed instructional materials against the EdReports rubric or similar (such as the IMET tool)
- strong written and verbal communication skills, open to giving and receiving feedback
- ability to prioritize the work that will have the highest impact
- experience leading and supporting small teams of educators
- comfortable using technology
- have reviewed for EdReports in the past
- experience working for an EdTech company
Compensation – $25-$35 per hour
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Location: Fully remote
- Flexible work hours
- Fully remote