One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Customer Support/Player Agent
(View all jobs)
Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Previously headquartered in Brisbane, Halfbrick is now fully remote and present all around the world. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.
Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value ersity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Here are just a few of the things we like to offer our Bricks:
- Salary sacrificing.
- Career development and mentorship.
- Freedom to work on games you’re interested in.
- 100% company transparency.
- Mental health support.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part time work options.
- Fully remote working.
- We hire globally and all our opportunities are available world-wide.
- Salary reviews.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Charity and Meditation leave.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support/Player Agent to join our team. You’ll be the go-to for our customers, and constantly working to ensure our teams can continue to create amazing gaming experiences.
We pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime and believe that comes from having superstar teams. We have an awesome opportunity to help us transform game entertainment through quality content and innovative ideas. We are committed to developing our employees and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team of hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented iniduals. In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
The remuneration for this role is $65,000 AUD. At Halfbrick we pay harmonise, so it doesn’t matter where in the world you are, our salaries are based off Australian pay standards.
We are also fully remote and base our hiring decisions down to the best suited candidate not where you live! You can join our growing global presence!
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward users at all times.
- Responding promptly to users’ inquiries through various channels.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Working and communicating effectively with game teams to resolve issues for multiple gaming clients and ICT solutions.
- Analyzing and reporting of trending issues related to platforms and users globally.
- Compiling feedback reports for a wide audience over multiple platforms.
- Developing deep product knowledge on a wide array of products to effectively differentiate genuine production bugs from other technical issues.
- Screening for and reproducing bugs
- Managing refunds and purchase validations for multiple platforms.
- The ability to understand and communicate with players from other language backgrounds with the assistance of translation tools. These range from children to elderly players, so tone and ability to tailor instruction to different knowledge levels is important.
- Supporting the company’s goals and values.
- Constructively contributing to team culture through positive attitude.
- Collaborating with your peers to develop world class content, with a focus on innovation and creativity.
- Actively participating in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Articulating concepts and ideas in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Following and adhere to processes and procedures whilst checking and advising where things can be improved upon.
- Contributing to technical writing on solutions for support structures.
- Investigating workflow optimizations for global user support.
- Backend data management utilizing a wide range of Data systems including; Firebase, Playfab, Beamable and SQL Servers.
- Administrating player governance across multiple platforms and regions.
- Demonstrating capability and high-quality work.
- Checking own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, help create awesome games!
- 2 – 3 years game support for live mobile games.
- 2 – 3 years basic QA (flagging bugs, reproducing player reported issues, gather logs)
- 2 – 3 years data entry (experience with Helpshift, Jira, Miro, Confluence and Teams).
- 2 – 3 years with data editors (Playfab, Beamable, Gamespark).
- Knowledge of Halfbrick games.
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit Either way, you love games and more specifically, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you’re exactly what we’re looking for.
At Halfbrick, we have an emphasis on generalists to help us reach our goals – people who are explorers and learners and have a erse knowledge to draw from (or interested in obtaining one). We understand and appreciate specialized talent but we encourage all of our Bricks to generalize their skillset so they can collaborate effectively and see the bigger picture. And don’t worry, you don’t have to already be a generalist – becoming one is as easy as:
- Saying yes to new opportunities
- Dabbling in different things
- Never stop improving (there’s always new things to learn)
- Mind your gaps (identify what you’re missing and bridge the gaps)