One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
US – Remote
What if the work you did every day could impact the lives of people you know? Or all of humanity?
At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of people around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options for patients.
Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself. Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference. Surrounded by extraordinary people, inspiring leaders, and world changing projects, you will do more and become more than you ever thought possible.
The primary function of this position is to write user and service documentation for our sequencing solutions portfolio. As a Technical Writer, you are a highly productive writer and a quick learner. You have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information enable you to pick up and apply new technologies, science, and standards rapidly and well.
- Plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, physicians, patients, and internal field staff.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
- Work efficiently and accurately in current XML-based content development systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Release finished documentation and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern standards for technical writing, online help, content technology, and user experience.
- Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
- Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological and organizational change.
- Partner and engage with stakeholders across teams and regions, working collaboratively to achieve a quality product.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to inidual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer in a similar or related industry biotech, healthcare, software, hardware.
- Experience writing product user documentation.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of tech writing, content management, and reuse is preferred.
- Experience with MadCap Flare, XML/DITA, or similar authoring systems is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment, and adapt easily to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Ablility to independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions, while also functioning as a collaborative team member.
The estimated base salary range for the Technical Writer role based in the United States of America is: $65,800 – $98,600. Should the level or location of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an inidual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package. We offer a wide range of benefits as innovative as our work, including access to genomics sequencing, family planning, health/dental/vision, retirement benefits, and paid time off.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a erse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to ersity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf