One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President of Global Operations
Location: US National
Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a erse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We currently seek an executive assistant to join our global operations team. In this role you will provide administrative support to the senior vice president (SVP) of global operations and support global operations, projects, workflows, and events.
You will do invaluable work:
- Amplify the impact of the operations team by working closely with the SVP of operations to ensure the team’s time and energies are spent on the highest-priority tasks to achieve department goals
- Proactively manage the SVP’s calendar by booking and adjusting meetings, protecting deep-work time, and ensuring the SVP is well prepared for all meetings
- Coordinate the SVP’s travel arrangements, including lodging and transportation
- Support the operations department’s efforts to lead with ersity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ), and assist on projects related to the organization’s DEIJ goals
- Meet with other executive assistants at Mercy For Animals to identify process-improvement opportunities
- Coordinate virtual and in-person meeting logistics for Mercy For Animals’ board, leadership, and global operations team, including venue and meal arrangement and scheduling
- In collaboration with the SVP, pursue opportunities to expand the SVP’s public platform and network
- Lead cross-department planning for Mercy For Animals sponsorships at animal rights and social justice conferences
- Initiate, manage, and complete special projects
- Draft letters, presentations, speeches, and other materials
- Manage general inquiries to the SVP
- Provide administrative and accounting support, including credit card receipts, expense reports, and reimbursement requests
- Provide on-site support during in-person Mercy For Animals meetings two to three times per year, including meeting space setup, meal arrangements, and team activities
- Perform any other duties assigned by team leader
Your qualifications will take our global operations team to the next level:
- Three or more years’ work experience in a related field (nonprofit, customer service, or operations position highly preferred)
- Proactive problem-solving mindset, with a knack for anticipating and removing barriers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High degree of organization and efficiency
- Self-motivation and the ability to work well independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team
- Supportive, service-oriented personality
- Thorough knowledge of or willingness to learn Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
- Fluency in English (Spanish, Portuguese, or Hindi as a first or second language a plus)
- Ability to travel around two to four times per year for conferences, meetings, and retreats
- Commitment to ersity, equity, inclusion, and justice and a passion for putting these concepts into practice
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $66,000–$74,400, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.