One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Accounts Receivable Medical Collections Specialist
Location Tampa, FL, US
Job Id: 265799
The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
Do you have experience in Accounts Receivable/Collections and a desire to work for a company that positively impacts the lives of others? In the AR Collections Specialist role, you will contribute to the company’s commitment to serve others by sending claims to the payer in a timely and accurate manner.This position is 100% remote and can be performed anywhere in the U.S.
- Review and work denials in workflow system, payer portal, and/or clearinghouse portal daily
- Prepare appeals as necessary and update collections system with notes and a follow-up date
- Update collections system with clear concise notes as claims are worked
- Communicate with other departments to obtain necessary information as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience with Medical Collections in a high-volume environment preferred Knowledge of ICD-10 diagnosis codes, CPT medical service codes, UB-04, and HCFA-1500 forms
- Strong understanding of medical collections compliance, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid managed care, Commercial, Workers Comp, and Auto-no-fault payer types
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect information from different sources
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and inidualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 iniduals we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets