One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Sagely is a brand new company that is dedicated to the growth of others, our employees, and the collective workforce. Our current team is small, but mighty, aligned behind a common vision: to be the world’s most trusted guide to personal and professional growth. Utilizing technology to support scale, we are looking to grow our team to leverage the power of ersity both in perspective and experience. While we are proud of the work we’ve done, we know we need some help to get where we’re going.
This role is a senior position with significant growth opportunity.
As we build out our UX design and research practices, we are looking for an experienced design and research leader to build out our Design Sage team. You’ll be a foundational member, working with iniduals across product management, engineering and other disciplines to explore and define the design of our flagship product, the Sagely app, and coach your peers and our customers (initially within the Department of Defense). We need this inidual to navigate the competing priorities and contribute to the growth and development of the Sagely design team, support customer engagements and experience, and hands-on design. Hiring, coaching, and maturing processes are key parts to this role. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who gets as much joy out of sharing their design expertise, as they do applying it.
Who You Are
You have at least 6 years of experience as a product designer, leading multiple other designers
You have experience coaching other designers to grow their skills
You have a strong foundation of modern user centered design practices and understand how, when, and why to apply them
You are opinionated, but also willing to change your mind with new information
You believe in iteration and experimentation
You are a self-starter who loves to work in teams, but can be effective on their own as needed
You are comfortable working in ambiguity
You are a strong asynchronous communicator who believes in sharing knowledge with your teammates
You are proficient in working remotely with a team, but understand the value of in-person events and are willing to travel periodically to connect with teammates
What You'll Do
- Lead Sagely’s approach to product design delivery and design coaching
- Build and lead a team of the Sagely design team the consistently deliver valuable products both through Sagely App and customer engagement
- Foster a collaborative, innovative and supportive culture via mostly remote interaction
- Engage directly with other designers to provide coaching, workshops, and exercises
- Partner with disciplines across Sagely to build alignment and inform priorities
- Shape the Sagely App product roadmap via user research
- Work with the Sagely leadership to understand design needs at scale
Why You’ll Want to Work Here
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Remote, flexible work schedules
- Full medical, dental and vision packages for employees and 75% for dependents
- Matching 8% 401K contributions
- Experience as an early member of a startup team
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on illuminating learning journeys for iniduals and companies
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events across the industry
- Opportunity to travel to work with clients and connect with Sagely team through quarterly company retreats and other events