One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Consumer and Privacy Counsel
Location: US National
Hopper is seeking an experienced consumer privacy attorney to join its global legal team. Hopper’s Consumer and Privacy Counsel will assume responsibility for Hopper’s global strategy and compliance obligations with respect to consumer data privacy, as well as primary responsibility as the lead attorney for Hopper’s global consumer support business function. Hopper’s Consumer and Privacy Counsel will be required to advise and work with Hopper product and engineering teams to implement privacy-by-design requirements into Hopper systems, gain and maintain consumer trust, and meet legal requirements in all global jurisdictions in which Hopper operates.
This Counsel position will report directly to Hopper’s General Counsel, and will also assist in managing all areas of legal need and strategic compliance initiatives for Hopper.
The right lawyer will be a self-starter, quick learner, strategic and collaborative thinker, and creative builder. Applicants should have 6+ years of experience advising B2C clients and/or as in-house counsel in a B2C business responsible for consumer data privacy matters. Hopper is seeking candidates that have demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities, and complex, novel, and often undefined legal requirements, in a fast-paced environment. As a trusted advisor to Hopper’s senior leadership, you must demonstrate the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Primary responsibility as the legal partner to Hopper’s consumer support business operations.
- Product and operational compliance with data privacy regulatory obligations in all global markets, for all Hopper products and services.
- Lead strategic initiatives and develop evolving controls with respect to data privacy.
- Be the subject matter expert to other business units as privacy issues arise in contracting, employment, intellectual property, and other areas.
- Conduct training on privacy requirements and policy implementation.
- Investigate and resolve privacy incidents, inquiries, and escalations.
Qualifications & Background Requirements:
- J.D. or LLM or equivalent;
- Minimum of six years experience in an in-house position and/or firm corporate law practice;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in reviewing and navigating complex corporate and regulatory requirements;
- Expertise with implementing consumer data privacy controls and operational procedures.