One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
job requisition id
At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology. We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Working under the direction of Devoted Health’s legal team, this Paralegal will be instrumental in assisting with a variety of tasks as the Company grows in terms of markets, products, and service offerings. The inidual will primarily be focused on federal and state issues relating to Devoted Health’s Medicare Advantage operations, but will also support the Company’s medical groups and internal departments.
This Paralegal position involves a hybrid of paralegal, analytical and administrative skills including drafting legal documents such as agreements, contracts and legal memoranda, performing legal and records research (identifying relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and other pertinent material), preparing miscellaneous legal forms and supporting litigation matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and file required documents with government entities, including Departments of Insurance and Secretaries of State, on behalf of Devoted and its subsidiaries, and drafts documentation and maintains corporate records for those entities
- Regular direct communication with various regulators and agencies in response to inquiries, requests for information and submission of documents. Work often is managed and guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
- Routinely collaborate with key Devoted business segments to support the Company’s strategic initiatives and to provide general corporate guidance.
- Work with in-house attorneys, other paralegals and outside counsel when necessary.
- Ability to work in a startup fast-paced environment, independently as well as collaboratively and operating under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal studies degree or paralegal certificate
- Minimum 2 years of corporate law, compliance department or law firm paralegal experience, preferably with experience in medical or Medicare/Medicaid insurance
- Experience interacting with state and/or federal regulators
- Effective interpersonal, teaming and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proven organizational skills, as well as flexibility, and ability to manage multiple or competing priorities within designated time frames and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a erse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value ersity and collaboration. Iniduals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.