One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
About the role
ReMatter is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us build modern software solutions for the industrial scrap recycling industry. In this role, your contributions will increase the sustainability of the metal supply chain and increase the efficiency of its transportation and logistics, reducing carbon emissions.
As a software engineer at ReMatter, you will:
- create exciting new features and products, primarily using Node.js, React, and AWS. This would include, our backend api server, front-end UI, our mobile apps (React Native), and everything in-between
- write internal documentation, create thorough test cases, and communicate engineering decisions you made to the rest of the team
- own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability, and ongoing metrics
- understand how to deploy the projects you work on to production
- stitch many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before
- build the culture of the company from the ground up alongside the founders and other early team members
- uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter
Scrap Metal Recycling is a unique industry. You will need to put in significant time to learn about this industry in order to truly understand our unique customer persona and build compelling product.
This role requires:
- experience in building large scale database-backed web applications
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- knowledge in parts of our stack are listed below. If you have experience in these, great ! We can get started that much faster. If not, no worries! A hallmark of a great engineer is picking up new technologies quickly:
- We most frequently work with TypeScript, React, Node, and GraphQL. We run on AWS, and most often deal with Lambda, Cognito, S3, & RDS. We have a robust CI/CD system on GitHub Actions & Docker.
Engineering At ReMatter
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in autonomy and accountability - our team consists of amazing people, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Learning & Development stipend
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, Remote/WFH policy
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, weekly social events) and friends and family events
ReMatter builds digital tools for the $100B+ a year scrap metal recycling industry. Despite the incredible hardware and materials expertise in the industry, scrap software has not kept pace with technological growth.
We create products that meaningfully impact the lives of recyclers by making the process of managing their business easier and more accurate. Additionally, our data-driven pricing and digital payments can drive revenue and streamline the buying and selling of commodities.
ReMatter was co-founded by three Forbes 30 Under 30 Stanford University graduates in March 2020. We are backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Founders Fund, AME Cloud Ventures, and 49ers Enterprises.
ReMatter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ReMatter’s employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.