Staff Data Scientist
Remote (Select US States)
Seniority Level: Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about You
As the Staff Data Scientist, you will be a senior member of the Data Science team at Zwift, reporting to the Director, Data Science. You will partner with product, engineering, marketing, and data teams responsible for Zwift’s game client, content programming, companion app, website, and marketing channels.
In partnership with the Director, Data Science you will develop a deep and meticulous insight-driven organizational understanding of the customer journey through the full spectrum of our product and the supporting ecosystems. The ideal candidate will bring with them knowledge of industry best practices and processes to develop our solutions for predictive analytics, machine learning, statistical inference, testing and experimentation, ML operations and deployment, quantitative R&D, and technical communication.
If this is you, and the thought of working for a company that blends fitness with the fun of video games sounds amazing, then please apply straight away.
What you’ll do:
- Find opportunities and solutions across all dimensions of the business in which data science and sophisticated analytics can provide meaningful insights, drive operational improvements, and “move the needle” for our key business outcomes
- Partner with product, program, marketing, sales, and support teams to understand their strategic objectives and tactics, and to develop roadmaps for data-driven optimization using the principles of machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Be one of Zwift’s experts on quantitative analysis and machine learning methodologies, coaching colleagues and stakeholders to improve company-wide understanding of the role and application of predictive analytics, and continually advancing internal modeling, experimentation, and other analytical capabilities
- Help drive continuous improvements in our core machine learning, forecasting, data, model deployment, and reporting capabilities.
- Actively “push the boundary” of our technical capabilities and help drive ideation for our analytics R&D efforts.
- Foster the role of data science and be a trusted, objective, and recognized “voice of the data” across the organization
- Actively mentor junior colleagues on the Data Science and Data & Insights teams, providing meaningful development and learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure that the product roadmap is aligned rigorously supported by data science
- Support ad hoc requests from the business that requires advanced analytical and modeling capabilities
- Be a senior representative of the Data & Insights Team and proactively communicate key insights and analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the company
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated ability in data science or advanced analytical roles roles for a B2C/B2B technology-product business
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in identifying, leading and solving high-impact business problems using data science models and methods
- Master’s or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Expert level knowledge in machine learning algorithms, applied statistical analysis, predictive model building, testing, and training
- Highly proficient in relevant date science tools, libraries, frameworks, and applications, e.g., SQL, Python, R, pytorch, tensorflow, etc
- Proficient with tools of formal project management, code repositories, ml ops
- Strength in communicating complex concepts and translating them into actionable business recommendations
- Ability to network and influence without authority, and to bring together disparate teams to build a center of excellence around experimentation and to drive cultural change around the adoption of best practices
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons, and/or experienced Zwifter
- Passion for video games
- Experience with subscription/SaaS businesses
How to stand out among the rest
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.