One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting and the job description below feels like a fit we really should start talking.
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer with experience building data modeling systems within a modern data stack, supported by intelligent data warehousing and adaptable business intelligence systems, to join our team. At BetterUp we believe data is critical to our success and this role on the Analytics Engineering team will be crucial to this strategy of delivering exceptional data products that will drive key business decisions. If you are passionate about helping people reach their potential, thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you get to build the future, and love data then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, build and maintain efficient and reliable data products (dbt models, pipelines, Looker explores, visualizations, etc.) that enable data driven decision making.
- Influence strategy and drive execution of our analytical roadmap delivering self-service business intelligence at scale.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing and a high bar for quality.
- Improve end users trust and confidence by driving best practices with regards to data discoverability, observability, lineage and stewardship.
- Contribute towards a robust data security strategy protecting sensitive information and content.
- Solve critical business problems through the application of programming, optimization, automation, and analytical skills.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in data engineering and/or analytics engineering
- Advanced SQL skills with 5+ years of deep experience with Snowflake or similar DB
- Expertise with data modeling and ETL/ELT (DBT preferred, pipeline development a plus)
- Seasoned developer (5+ years) within a modern business intelligence tool (Looker preferred)
- Experience applying software engineering principles (testing, version control, code reviews, CI/CD, etc.) in your working process, to scale analytical development
- Proven track record of working with data teams in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Proven track record of successfully working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Solutions-driven and thrives when given ambiguous, open-ended problems
- Proven success driving projects through implementation to completion, including stakeholder education and onboarding
Obsessed with data protections and privacy (i.e. PII, GDPR, FedRAMP, FIPS, etc.)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building erse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $151,000 $192,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$151,000 $192,000 : New York City
$151,000 $192,000 : Nassau, Newburgh
$151,000 $192,000 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse