One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Job Locations US
AFSCME union represented
Department of Medicine
Salary Range $25.61 – $34.63; Commensurate with experience
School of Medicine
The Department of Medicine (DoM) at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) includes patient care, research, education, and administration. Our department contributes to the OHSU mission, which is to strive for excellence in education, research and scholarship, clinical practice and community service.
Function/Duties of Position
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordinating administrative processes in support of the medical student program and the Rheumatology post-graduate fellowship training program.
- Coordinate and implement administrative processes for the Internal Medicine medical student clinical experiences under the direction of the Medical Student Clerkship Directors and Medical Student Program Technician.
- Track evaluation completion and follow-up with evaluators to ensure completion; download and sort evaluative data in order to process grades by required School of Medicine deadlines.
- Track student rotation/course completion and follow-up with students, as needed, to ensure submission of required reports/logs.
- Oversight of schedule entry, import of resident/faculty schedules and addition/deletion of user profiles.
- Monitors automated and manual evaluation delivery and completion tracking (over 3,200 evaluations annually), resolves discrepancies, and generates reminders as needed.
- Creates and maintains Procedure Logs in MedHub and monitors student logging for LCME compliance.
- Distribute confirmation, reminder, and acknowledgement correspondence to preceptors, hospitals, and sites.
- Plan and coordinate conference schedules, including needed room reservations and/or setup of virtual meeting rooms.
- Proctor student exams.
- Assist the Program Director (PD) with operational activities to ensure that the Rheumatology Fellowship Programs goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Coordinates and maintains compliance of all administrative components required for continued ACGME accreditation of fellowship programs, in cooperation with Program Director/Associate Program Director.
- Supports Program Director/Associate Program Director in maintaining compliance with evolving ACGME requirements and assists with ensuring program success and improvement.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the annual fellowship recruitment process, to include review of applications, issuance of invitations, and scheduling of interviews.
- Plan candidate interview visits, summarize interview evaluations and run reports, coordinate the selection meetings, and help to facilitate the candidate ranking process. Pull data for electronic information storage and prepare needed reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of general office or administrative experience; OR
- Associate’s degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and two years of general office or administrative experience; OR
- Four years of general office or administrative experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of training and experience. Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills; must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to problem solve.
- Experience with composing correspondence, editing and proofreading documents.
- Working knowledge of and practice with databases and intermediate Excel functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of general office or administrative experience.
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate medical education.
- Experience with Medhub RMS system.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience with basic accounting and processing of employee travel and expense reimbursements.
This position will be 100% telework.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a erse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Iniduals with erse backgrounds and those who promote ersity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.