One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
*To avoid fraudulent outreach, please only respond to inquiries regarding any roles at our company that come from an @DreamscapeVR.com email address.*
Dreamscape is a next-generation location-based VR company backed by some of Hollywood's leading players, including Steven Spielberg, MGM, Fox, Warner Brothers, IMAX, Westfield, and AMC. Utilizing our full breadth of creative storytelling, Dreamscape brings to life the best of movies, allowing viewers to become active participants like never before. In an exciting and novel extension of its expertise and technology, Dreamscape is partnering with learning institutions to deliver unique VR course experiences which are efficacious, scalable, and emotionally engaging. Dreamscape's multi-user immersive platform utilizes a unique body-mapping system developed by Swiss technologists to help people experience an entirely new world they never dreamed possible.
About the Role
Dreamscape is seeking an experienced 3D Animator to join the art team as a freelancer.
The candidate has a proven track record of video game content creation in a professional capacity with one or more shipped titles under their belt. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and collaborative. The 3D Animator will own all aspects of the animation pipeline, from block-out to implementation in engine. The 3D Animator will report to the Art Director and work closely with project leads.
- Create key-framed animations for integration into the engine
- Create gameplay animation that matches the visual style of the game
- Rig or fix rigs to make them usable and performant for game integration
- Participate in regular animation reviews and give and receive constructive feedback from the rest of the team
- Implement animation assets into the game engine and iterate as appropriate
- Collaborate with other animators and programmers to establish, test and refine the animation
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D Animator
- Expert with character and prop rigging, skinning, and setup
- Capable of adapting to technical parameters by leveraging their creativity
- Familiar with runtime animation systems such as layers, blend trees, rigging
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate, and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing for Virtual Reality
- Comfortable at rigging characters, props, and environments
- Shipped multiple AAA products as an Animation Lead
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
- Experience in a leadership position managing artists.
- Experience with or interest in training and simulation content
Equal OpportunityDreamscape is committed to providing equal opportunities. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.