Universal Tennis is the company behind UTR, a revolutionary rating system that (similar to a golf handicap) provides a single, unifying language and standard for all tennis players across age, gender, geography and economics. The company’s vision is to unify tennis for everyone by bringing cutting edge analytics and community building technology to all players worldwide independent of level. Today, the UTR system is powered by over 6 million match results, across 600 thousand players in nearly 200 countries. See our company profile for links to our recent press releases and on-air daily coverage with the Tennis Channel.
Universal Tennis is building innovative, cutting-edge technology products and services to help empower and enhance every part of the tennis ecosystem (players, coaches, clubs, organizers, federations, etc.). Here are some of the exciting initiatives on our product roadmap:
- Expanding UTR to millions of competitive and recreational players around the globe
- Collecting match results from hundreds of different sources with different data formats
- Enabling any player or organization to post match results and track their performance
- Developing marketplace applications to search, find and connect with players, coaches, and events
- Building an event and tournament management platform for clubs and organizers
The UTR development team is led by folks who have leveraged their backgrounds in computer science, math and engineering to build and scale multiple technology companies. We strongly believe that empowered people are the key to building a great company, and our development process focuses on iteratively improving our product as well as ourselves as individuals and as a team. We are looking to add a skilled, experienced engineer who can be a core member of our team and work on every part of the stack to accelerate product development. So if you share our ambition and want to help shape the technology that will make it happen, then join our team!
- Develop, execute, and manage test cases to methodically work through all features and stories
- Perform manual and automated test routines on both production and staging environments
- Develop and document test procedure for use across the QA and Engineering team
- Insist upon thorough documentation and create easily understood reproduction steps when reporting issues
- Develops and executes both manual and automated tests cases, recording test results and documenting issues as appropriate
- Develops scripts or programs to automate test regression activities
- Provides test support to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Perform manual and automated test for web and mobile application
- 2+ years of experience testing web applications
- Careful attention to detail.
- The ability to work on similar activities daily or multitask and prioritize when needed.
- A good working knowledge of technology and a high comfort level with your ability to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to develop, execute, and manage complex test cases
- Proven experience in developing and executing both manual and automated test cases
- Ability or want to develop scripts or programs to automate test activities
- Experience performing testing as part of an Agile project management methodology
- Ability to work on a remote team
- Knowledgeable of SDLC and AGILE methodology
- Knowledge Jira and/or Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of web development, iOS, Android, and related technologies
- Using deductive reasoning and customer knowledge to be great at exploratory testing.
- Experience with test automation platforms such as Test Project, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Know your way around the Chrome dev console and tools like Postman.
The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is FULLY REMOTE. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and UNLIMITED PTO, telecommuting, medical and dental, and a bunch of that other fun stuff that you’d expect from a tech start-up.