One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Location: United States
Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child’s arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that suits them best. With rare exception, our employees generally work 9-5 in their home time zone.
We also know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build community and collaboration, we gather in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What the Role Is
Babylist is hiring a Buyer, Gear to become a part of our growing e-commerce team. In this role, you will create and develop business strategies and assortment plans for high growth opportunity categories in the gear business that align with the goals of the overall ision and business. You will identify opportunities to grow the business while maximizing profitability and efficiency as we scale. You will build strategic partnerships, develop growth strategies, lead cross-functional communication, working closely with Inventory Management, Operations, Site Merchandising, Marketing, Content, and Data teams. We are excited about you because you have a strong business acumen, are an analytical thinker, passionate about product and thrive in a fast paced and ever-evolving environment.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a retail buying or merchandising role, e-commerce experience preferred
- You have managed large sales volume departments and high growth businesses
- You have experience with managing and growing large national branded retailers
- You have strong excel and analytical skills and can interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- You are an excellent negotiator with experience negotiating product costs, exclusivity arrangements, coop partnerships, terms, and promotional support
- You have extensive experience with inventory planning concepts, retail math, and best practices
- You have experience with management of 3rd party relationships tied to both internal and external financial goals
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with the entire team including product, design, editorial, customer service, and logistics
- You are a team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- You have a passion for start-ups and e-commerce. They can be scrappy and are comfortable wearing many hats
- You are excited by consumer products, innovation, trends, and merchandising
How You Will Make an Impact
- Lead the strategic vision for high opportunity growth categories
- Lead the assortment strategy and sourcing for your categories
- Develop growth strategies
- Managing and building strategic relationships with large national branded retailers
- Lead joint business planning with strategic brand partners
- Partner with planning on inventory management across all fulfillment channels as well as financial plans and forecasts by category and brand
- Partner with the site team on the strategy for on-site presentation and vision
- Lead profitability maximization initiatives across all areas of the P&L in collaboration with the Planning and Operations teams
- Keep pulse on emerging trends through data, vendor relationships, and market research to ensure Babylist assortment is best in class and at the forefront of innovation
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is $83,000 – $124,000.
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that ersity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.