Executive Assistant II – US Remote
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients
Summarized Purpose: Provides senior-level administrative support to senior executives of the company (VP and above), effectively managing the day-to-day administrative functions including planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Composes, copies and distributes correspondence and memoranda, reports, documents, forms and tables as requested
- Inventories, orders and distributes office supplies
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, correspondence and other printed material
- Maintains calendar of the manager and ensures the manager remains on schedule and properly prioritized throughout the day given the changing business requirements
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations and prepares expense reports and ensures submission in a timely fashion
- Coordinates details of onsite and offsite meetings and conferences including catering needs
- Collects, compiles and prepares presentations, reports, meetings agendas and other documents; establishes, organizes and maintains files.
- Cooperates and coordinates with administrative assistants in other departments to handle temporary work overloads and fill in for temporary absences.
- May supervise or lead other administrative support staff.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- High school/secondary school graduate or professional certification
- Previous administrative experience (comparable to 3-6 years)
- Or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and set priorities and effectively perform a variety of task simultaneously.
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information and matters.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and provide task assignments and direction to other administrative or clerical personnel.
Management Role: May supervise or lead other administrative support staff.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office or clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations. Potential occasional travel required.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.