One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Administrative Specialist
Location: United States
Job Type: Full-time
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
This is part of the administration team – logging RFPs, UMR and UHC administration and stop loss. Running reports, managing the UMR administration renewal and new business process, will be responsible for creating, and issuing stop loss policies and this will require a person to have strong administrative skills.
This position is full – time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Retrieve electronic files from a secure FTP site using MS Outlook and log RFPs (Request For Quote) daily work into UHC Stop Loss system
- Prepare an electronic census for the Financial Underwriter
- Preparing the policyholder stop loss policies and applications
- Proofreading the material that goes out to the policyholders to ensure accuracy
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience with working in a professional office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, data sorting, and filtering)
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM 3:30 PM CST from Monday – Friday
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with assisting others with Microsoft Excel use and functions
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Inidual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $23.51. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 – $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.