One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Customer Service Specialist
at Resident (View all jobs)
Resident is an industry-leader in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016 (with over 1 million happy sleepers and counting), we have also launched the Dreamcloud, Awara and Level Sleep brands to cater to a variety of sleep preferences. Our mission is simple, we strive to make inspiring products people love coming home to (and to help everyone afford a great night’s sleep)!
Oh, and by the way – we’ve been doing the remote work thing since the day we started. So you can expect a hard working team of people that understands how to create meaningful connections and get great work done virtually – it’s in our nature!
This is a fully remote position. To be considered for this opportunity you must reside within and have the right to work in the United States.
About the Role:
Resident’s ideal candidate for this role: a self-starter with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced remote environment who communicates effectively. The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for assisting customers in real time via phone to help address any of their sleep or comfort needs, working to identify and overcome the customers concerns with their purchase, centered around pre and post delivery returns and cancellations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work inbound phone, chat, and email channels to provide a world-class customer experience to our customers.
- Use a customer experience mindset to manage customer requests, while working to resolve them.
- Comfortable handling a high volume of product and service questions.
- Be prepared to become a mattress and sleep expert’- open to learning new concepts, adept at remembering details, quick on your feet with accurate recall of key information.
- Be proficient with multi-tasking, entering data while assisting customers and communicating using company resources(I.E. Slack, Google Hangouts).
- Answers customer requests or inquiries concerning products, overcoming objections and creating a solution to retain customers.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Adhere to daily schedule, being consistent and reliable with adherence and attendance.
- Meets and/or exceeds daily,weekly and monthly metrics.
- Operate through our core values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum.
- Be open to feedback and be constantly willing to learn and apply feedback immediately.
- Have open availability and able to work weekends and key holidays
- 2 years of retention or customer success experience.
- 1 to 2 years of service/support experience in a call center or remote environment.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to internal and external customers.
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize and time manage for successful execution.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in scheduling and be open to flexible work hours as needed
- A demonstrated ability to listen to customer needs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Comfortable and familiar with working from home and being a self-starter.
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new platforms.
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Five9, Chat Tools, Google Suite, and Slack.
What We Offer (subject to eligibility requirements):
- Remote-first workplace (since 2016!)
- Competitive pay
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- HSA company contributions
- 401K with company match component
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Wellness benefits
- WFH office and cell phone/internet stipend
- A FREE MATTRESS plus an awesome Friends and Family discount!
If you reside in a state or location where pay transparency laws or regulations have been adopted please read the following: The hourly rate for this position is $18.70. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background, skills, qualifications, experience, geographic location and other non-discriminatory factors. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. [Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments]. For more information regarding the pay range applicable for this position, please contact us at People@residenthome.com
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA., with a dedicated New York City office, London and an R&D facility in Tel Aviv. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.