One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Staff Backend Engineer
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
Our customers get through their inbox twice as fast; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT
We’re not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We’re going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn’t stop there. We’d like to help everyone communicate more effectively. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit, and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how iniduals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
- Design, develop, and scale backend systems that serve hundreds of thousands of users
- Power amazing user experiences by building new features and improving existing ones
- Evaluate and refine solutions to deliver a highly performant and exceptionally reliable backend system
- Become an expert in backend development and expand your development across the stack and to various platforms
- Collaborate across the company to define how our systems should evolve..
- Develop and utilize your skills as a mentor and leader
- Support code quality, new technologies, and architectural design within the company
- Uphold and advance the security and reliability of Superhuman’s systems
- Technologies we use: Go, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Experience: You have 8+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of backend experience.
- Detective: You have a deep desire to understand how things work in great detail, to guide you in designing systems, and debugging that arise.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and solving complex problems. You have astonishing attention to detail.
- Quality focused: You take pride in building elegant and beautiful things.
- Learning: You’re open to the best tool for the job. You are excited to learn new technologies.
- Technical communicator: You can break down tricky topics in writing and in person.
- Surprisingly efficient: You get a lot done quickly, and can translate your skills into new processes that your team will follow.
- Leadership: You will help to build an inclusive culture and shape our future.
- Location: We’re open to you joining us from a home office anywhere in the Americas + Canada or our San Francisco office.
The Staff Software Engineer role spans several internal levels, and a wide breadth of experience at Superhuman. Our compensation band reflects the potentially broad range of candidates and experience levels that we are open to hiring for this role.
Our starting salaries for this role range from $185,000 – $205,000. The salary range does not reflect total compensation, which includes base salary, benefits, and company stock options.
We are open to candidates in the Americas and Canada. We take a locally informed approach to non-US based compensation and will be able to share ranges based on your country of residence.
Taking Care of Your Future
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 13 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Days, Flexible Holidays and a company-wide Winter Break.
- Generous parental, caregiver, healthcare, and compassionate leave policies.
Investing in Your Growth
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Free access to Calm and Taskhuman.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value ersity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.