For Shopify merchants who know the value of data, Peel is the automated analytics platform that helps you grow faster by making it easy to see what’s happening and why.
We are a product-driven team reinventing the way ecommerce teams access and comprehend data analysis and are working to fulfill our vision to make data simple, reliable, and visually intuitive for everyone.
Peel is a Seed stage company started in New York with a fully remote team in California, Massachusetts, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, and Uruguay. We are backed by some of the best investors in ecommerce tech.
About the role
We’re looking for a product designer who can balance strong user experience (UX) design through rapid iterations and a good sense of visual design.
Our users are passionate about truly understanding their best customers and this role is as much about empowering them as it is to set the design vision for Peel.
This is a lead role reporting directly to the co-founder and CEO to work exclusively on our product, not on marketing content.
What you'll do
- You will work on our web-based analytics product. (See it here on Shopify)
- Map out the user flow and information architecture working with the product owners.
- Walk the product team through the UX to make sure the solution advances our vision of helping merchants understand what's happening with their business.
- Adapt all UX flows into high-quality visual designs on Figma, ready for implementation and review with engineers to make sure details are well documented and not missing.
- Refine the design process in partnership with PM and engineers
- Bring data, user feedback, and FullStory recordings to continuously suggest improvements to make the product more usable and to include the end-user experience deeper in our design flow.
- Supports the evolution of the Peel platform from a design perspective; ensures consistency with, and contributes to, our brand architecture and product architecture.
What you’ll need
- You have well-rounded design skills and experience running projects end to end at a software startup. 3+ years of working experience, ideally some experience with Figma.
- You can work your way from a high-level problem definition to a simple, elegant, and minimal mental model and flow which allow users to immediately get more value out of the product. (UX)
- You are familiar with design patterns and UI libraries to create clear and visually appealing interfaces while also knowing when to add unique creative touches to stand out. (UI)
- You care about the business needs, implications, and practicality of your designs. You don't get stuck on pretty UI and know the difference between good and great to balance craft, speed and impact.
- You care about learning your craft and you are curious about the motivations of our users. You also care about making design thinking more accessible throughout the organization.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You’re a good listener, study all feedback, and enjoys bringing different stakeholders together throughout your process to help you reach optimal decisions.
What you'll love about us
We are a mighty customer-driven product-focused growing company filled with motivated people that join together from a variety of backgrounds and skillsets to push new ideas and projects to the finish line.
Our product is at the intersection of data and ecommerce, two areas with exciting developments and growth opportunities that will enrich your career for the years to come.
We are a fully remote team too!
BenefitsCompetitive salaryGenerous stock options (Seed stage)Health benefitFlexible vacation, paid company holidays, and parental leaveTeam bonding activities even in our remote worldsLaptop and other equipment fundamentals; monitor, keyboard, and mouseEndless learning opportunities