At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Senior Manager of International Tax will report directly to the Sr. Tax Director and will be primarily responsible for maintaining an efficient worldwide tax structure through proper international tax planning. This newest member of the tax team will also be responsible for non-U.S. income tax accounting and reporting and non-U.S. income tax compliance & audit support across the organization as well as help with special tax projects as they arise due to M&A activity and strategic changes to the business. The Senior Tax Manager will interact with colleagues across all regions (AMPAC, EMEA, APAC) as well as various cross-functional departments (FP&A, Logistics, Business Ops, Legal, & IT) while working closely with the global finance team and external tax advisors to ensure optimization of the Company's tax strategy.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement a global tax strategy that maximizes available tax incentives in all jurisdictions in which the Company operates;
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, advise management on issues related to permanent establishment and other global tax exposures and develop strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation;
- Partner with business leaders in finance, legal & operations as well as external advisors on business and tax planning matters;
- Proactively evaluate and recommend changes to the processes that could impact the tax provision, effective tax rate and tax exposures arising from changes in our global business;
- Undertake special projects, including tax due diligence relating to potential acquisitions and internal reorganizations;
- Coordinate any global and local country transfer pricing studies;
- Review all foreign tax provisions for US GAAP and local statutory GAAP reporting requirements;
- Manage foreign tax audits;
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience working in a global multinational organization or large Public Accounting organization with exposure to international tax concepts and planning
- Bachelor's in accounting or related field; CPA and master's degree preferred
- Experience with the interpretation of foreign tax laws and communication with global tax professionals across the globe
- Strong analytical, and research skills
- Strong technical proficiency in ASC740, uncertain tax positions, and related ASC 740 tax matters
- Demonstrated understanding of global businesses strategies and ability to assess how tax planning interacts with the Company's growth strategy.
- Familiarity with ASC 740 OneSource Tax Provision software is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate and defend a tax position
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple high-value projects at a given time
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Company name: Sonos
Remote job title: Senior Manager, International Tax
Job tags: retail, e-commerce, connected devices, entertainment, media, music