One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Legal Operations Manager
job requisition id
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
The Legal Operations Manager will report directly to the Senior Contracts Counsel, Applied Innovation Strategy and is a member of the Applied Innovation Team, a highly innovative and entrepreneurial team incubating platforms solving for clinical trial inefficiencies, rising costs of drug development, technological challenges in healthcare/pharma tech, and fragmented data silos. The candidate will support, develop and manage the function’s global healthcare, clinical research and contribute specifically to revenue contract negotiation and privacy compliance programs working with Senior Contracts and Compliance counsel.
Essential functions of the job:
- Lead and develop analyst presence to manage global healthcare contracting and compliance matters for multiple functions, including: interactions with Senior Attorneys, internal stakeholders, paralegals, third party vendors, clients, partners and parent company representatives.
- Facilitate analysis, review and documentation of legal functionalities, specifically revenue contracts and privacy and compliance matters.
- Able to analyze, discuss and advise on revenue contract negotiation including experience with Master Services Agreements, Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Software Licenses, Work Orders, Amendments and other contract templates.
- Ability to demonstrate a foundational knowledge of privacy and data protection requirements, as well as compliance requirements for regional, local and worldwide laws such as HIPAA, CCPA, GPDR, LGPD, PIPL etc.
- Support development of policies, procedures and guidance documents to facilitate, support and execute the company’s privacy program to enable consistent and effective data privacy practices and minimize risk.
- Support implementation, oversight and management of contracts negotiation process for internal efficiency and manage the timely review, tracking, storage and execution of agreements.
- Manage communications with clients and internal stakeholders, develop core processes and facilitate interaction with Senior Attorneys as a liaison for the Legal team.
- Provide overall analysis and support for the ongoing management of the contracting and compliance processes.
- Coordinate and manage timely execution and review of contracts, compliance documents and any required entity incorporation or business development updates and contribute their expertise when needed to client navigation and legal review with Senior Attorneys.
- Explaining high-level legal concepts to stakeholders and clients.
- Conducting necessary training measures for Applied Innovations team on proper contracting and compliance procedures.
- Identifying industry or contractual trends and implement proactive solutions for a streamlining of the legal review process.
- 5+ years combined relevant experience including external, law firm or in-house experience providing legal support in contracting, compliance or healthcare realms.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university with demonstrated academic achievement and current bar membership in good standing.
- Extensive experience coordinating with legal experts, internal stakeholder and outside vendors or clients on contracting and compliance matters.
- Ability to apply a risk-based analysis to issues and demonstrate creativity and flexibility in developing solutions that satisfy both business requirements and legal obligations.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, adaptability, communication skills and professionalism.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Appropriate judgment to liaise with Legal and business colleagues and/or outside counsel as needed.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Salary Range: $112,200.00 – $152,200.00 annually
BeiGene is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual compensation packages are determined by several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, certifications, relevant education or training, and specific work location. Packages may vary by location due to differences in the cost of labor. The recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for a preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the listed range reflects the base salary or hourly range only. Non-Commercial roles are eligible to participate in the annual bonus plan, and Commercial roles are eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan. All Company employees have the opportunity to own shares of BeiGene Ltd. stock because all employees are eligible for discretionary equity awards and to voluntarily participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. The Company has a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value ersity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.