One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Coding, Team Lead
Remote, United States
Surgical Notes is hiring for a Team Lead, Coding to assist with supervising the coding team as well as participating in product daily coding. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills, communication skills, with the desire and ability to learn quickly. Working as a part of the team to meet deadlines, but also being able to work independently is crucial to the success in this position. Our organization prides itself on being built upon a set of strong core values. We are looking for candidate who will actively exhibit these core values: Service Excellence, Transparency, Teamwork, Accountability, Hardwork, and Positive Attitude.
Reports to: Manager, Coding
- · Supervise a team of production coders
- · Reviewing production coders’ work for quality
- · Provide clear, concise, and compliant written feedback to coders
- · Identify coder and/or documentation deficiencies and communicate them to the management team as needed
- · Participate in production coding daily as defined by management, based on department needs
- · Other responsibilities as assigned
- · Full-Time
- · Salaried
- · Exempt
· Eligible for Benefits
· Remote: The minimum bandwidth requirements are 10 Mbps upload and 50 Mbps download speeds. The recommended bandwidth requirements are 20 Mbps upload and 100 Mbps download speeds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- · Coding certification through AAPC or AHIMA (CPC, COC, RHIT, CCS, etc., no apprentice designation)High school diploma or equivalent
- · 5+ years outpatient surgical coding 1-2 years of supervisory, team lead experience or successful display of leadership qualities and completion of management training
- · Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- · Ability to stay on task, working independently
- · Must have a dedicated home office with reliable high-speed internet
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- · Strong attention to detail and speed while working within tight deadlines
- · Exceptional ability to follow oral and written instructions
- · A high degree of flexibility and professionalism
- · Excellent organizational skills
- · Outstanding communications skills; both verbal and written
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education:
- · Associate Degree or higher in a healthcare related field
- · 3+ years Ambulatory Surgical Center coding experience
- · CASCC (Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center Coder certification through AAPC)2+ years supervisory/team lead experience
- · Experience working in an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- · Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- · Sitting and typing for an extended period of time
- · Reading from a computer screen for an extended period of time
- · Speaking and listening on a telephone
- · Working independently
- · Frequent use of a computer and other office equipment
- · Work environment of a traditional fast-paced and deadline-oriented office
- · Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge
- · Communication
- · Initiative/Execution
- · Productivity
- · Quality Control
- $52,900.00-$66,125.00 based upon qualifications and experience
About Surgical Notes
Surgical Notes is the premier ASC revenue cycle management and billing services partner. Our expert teams with ASC-specific experience provide scalable billing, transcription, coding, and document management services and solutions that fully integrate with all leading ASC practice management systems. The largest management companies and hundreds of ASCs that partner with Surgical Notes experience and benefit from immediate operational and financial improvements that exceed industry performance levels.
Surgical Notes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate ersity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We use the personal information collected for the purpose of processing job applications, evaluating candidates for employment, and/or carrying out and supporting HR functions and activities We may share your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sales of Company assets, or acquisition of a portion or of all of our business to another company. If you have any questions regarding this California Job Applicant Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.