One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior Corporate Paralegal
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Corporate Paralegal.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. At Twilio, we support ersity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to assist with all aspects of international subsidiary management, corporate governance and corporate transactions.
Twilio is seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Paralegal that has a demonstrated track record of managing complex international subsidiaries and is interested in growing their career, tackling a wide variety of legal issues, and developing new skills. This person will assist with all aspects of international subsidiary management, corporate governance and assisting corporate transactions. This person will report to the Senior Counsel, M&A, Corporate Legal.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage all aspects of international subsidiary management, corporate governance, and support compliance with the corporate obligations of all Twilio’s foreign subsidiaries
- Work with local counsel to ensure all subsidiaries outside the USA are in good standing and comply with all necessary formalities (e.g., board meetings; timely approval and filing of annual accounts).
- Experience managing signing authorities (Powers of Attorney), changes to the board of directors and registered address changes, including obtaining signatures
- Support entity integration and rationalization, including wind-downs.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams including Tax, Accounting and Sales Ops & key contacts around the globe, and work alongside the other members of the Corporate Legal team to provide support to the Corporate Legal Function.
- Coordinate subsidiary board meetings, materials and attendance records.
- Maintain and update our legal entity org chart (coordinated with Twillio’s tax team)
- Support documenting M&A transactions and venture investments
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values erse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7-10+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally at both a major law firm and in-house with a multinational publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification or equivalent experience required.
- Must have experience in international entity management, corporate governance, compliance and maintenance of books and records
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize your time and deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit mature judgment of when to recommend actions and when to seek manager guidance.
- The ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- Must be able to take the initiative and quickly understand and grasp Twilio’s business.
- Willingness to work across time zones for international subsidiary needs as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Slack, Gmail, and Google Docs.
- Collegial and enthusiastic with an ability to influence and build relationships across the company.
- Notary Public qualification strongly preferred.
- Experience at or working with tech companies preferred.
- Experience with handling EMEA and APAC entities preferred, with Ireland, India, Singapore, and Australia particularly desirable.
- Experience with Entity Management software systems desired (e.g., CSC Software Program, Diligent, and/or similar entity management software)
This role will be based remote anywhere in the United States except the San Francisco/ Bay Area.
This role will be remote.
Approximately 5% (or less) travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an inidual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.