One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
GP Fund Solutions has three US offices, Latham, NY, Boston, MA & Fort Lauderdale FL. If you do not live near one of our offices, we also have fully remote opportunities in many states.This highly dynamic role will be responsible for the coordination of providing relevant data to client third party professional tax firms and review of the resulting tax returns. This role will also centralize other essential tax administration matters that private investment funds and their advisors are required to manage, including review of complex investment transactions, carried interest effect, and analysis of investor and GP tax implications. Additionally, the Accountant will provide periodic client tax reporting, as well as ensure that GPFS professionals are kept abreast of relevant regulatory climate and changes.
- Review fund and related entity tax filings, including provision of selected tax related data to third party preparers (including tax impact of flow through investments)
- Provide an effective system of tracking all tax filings for preparation through completion
- Calculate capital gains and losses, including year to date carried interest analysis
- Review investor distributions to coordinate and remit tax withholding as applicable (federal and state)
- Assist in the coordination of quarterly tax payments
- Coordinate triannual W-8 renewal. Coordinate review of W-8s for accuracy and completeness
- Track investments to analyze their eligibility for Qualified Small Business Stock (QSBS)
- Prepare periodic GP tax estimates
- Onboard new clients tax data, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, managing client expectations and meeting all client deliverables
- Provide training and mentoring to the Tax Accountant, supervise and review Tax Accountant deliverables
- Keep GPFS staff updated as to relevant PE tax matters, via training sessions, newsletters and memos
- Participate in client planning meetings
- Complete client ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related degree and/or an advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation, JD or L.L.M.
- 4+ years tax experience, private equity or real estate partnership taxation experience preferred
- CPA qualification desired
- Experience with tax research
- Strong knowledge of industry related topics such as; carried interest, management fee waiver, QSBS, blocker entities
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to research and resolve issues with various degrees of complexity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a strong team member as well as an independent contributor
- Flexibility to work hours needed to complete client deliverables
- Detailed Orientated
- Highly flexible
- Results Driven
Our purpose is to create enduring relationships with our employees and clients by consistently delivering exceptional opportunities and service.
Diversity is respected
Balance is essential
Learning is ongoing
Accountability is achievement