One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
< class="h1">Senior Advisor, Latino Talent and Special Projects >
Equis is a set of organizations working to create a better understanding of Latinos, innovate new approaches to reach and engage them, invest in the leadership and infrastructure for long-term change and increased engagement. Since 2019, we have served as a hub of Latino polling, qualitative insights, and data, with analysis based on a large set of interviews, focus groups, online journals, ethnographies, and vote simulations. Equis is a leader in digital innovation, focused on message testing and experiments, anti-disinformation tracking, and digital capacity-building for grassroots groups. Equis is also committed to developing Latino leaders across the progressive space, serving as a convener of organizations and iniduals leading Hispanic-focused programs.
Reporting to the Equis President & CEO, Equis is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Advisor, Latino Talent and Special Projects to lead the development and implementation strategies for several critical programs that seek to build the next generation of Latino leaders who will work across all facets of American democracy and culture. A successful candidate will be as strong of a strategic thinker as they are passionate about the Latino community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Latino Talent Initiative (LTI), a large-scale project that sources talent for federal political appointments, regional boards and commissions, and other roles across the progressive infrastructure. The LTI will grow significantly over the next 1-2 years. Specific scope of work will include:
- Coordination of three working group principals, prepare for weekly meetings; serve as the primary liaison to working group members and White House Office of Presidential Personnel and other federal agencies; managing priorities and gathering input and information on an ongoing basis.
- Develop understanding of Latino talent ecosystem and maintain the master database of Latino candidates (data collection, updating, bio editing); including conducting regular searches for key positions.
- Develop the initial work plan and strategy for the Latino Genius Moonshot Grant Program, beginning with the development of initial work to develop the framework for the project and key strategic partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Day-to-day project management of a national Latino leaders network, leading coordination and planning efforts for ongoing engagement.
- Support ongoing partnership with a digital lifestyle company that elevates, celebrates, and inspires Latino audiences and amplifies their voices.
- Additional projects supporting strategic initiatives and organizational principals, as needed
- 5-7 years of advanced experience in direct oversight and execution over strategy and program within high-level political, corporate, or cultural organizations
- Demonstrated history and understanding of political nuances and deep familiarity with societal, cultural, and political landscape
- Outstanding collaboration skills with erse audience groups
- Demonstrated history of proactive attitude and high degree of self-direction; with a history of positively collaborating with high-level principals
- Strong ability and experience in presenting projects to erse audiences and external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations
- Experience in facilitating short, mid, and long term project development with detail oriented program management while addressing sensitive timelines, deadlines, and competing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to ersity, representation, talent development and placement
- Experience utilizing ClickUp, Google Suites software
- Bilingual in Spanish, and/or Portuguese
- Experience at startups leading strategic initiatives
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a fully remote (USA only), full time position with occasional domestic travel and a competitive salary range of $115,000-$140,000 p/year. This salary range represents a good faith estimate of what Equis may pay for this position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as budget availability and commensurate with the selected candidates' experience. Equis offers medical, dental, vision coverage at no premium, 4% employer match 401K, and excellent vacation, sick and personal leave.HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter here or via our career page.
Equis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Equis is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to iniduals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the recruitment process, please email hr at equislabs dot us.