One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Location: Remote – US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- Great Place To Work Certified 2023
- Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
- Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
- Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We’re looking to expand our team by adding an experienced, curious, passionate, and detail-oriented Corporate Paralegal.
In this role, you will be deeply embedded within a rapidly scaling, recently public technology company and will be given both exposure to and ownership over high-impact corporate projects. You will quickly become a key member of our corporate legal function and will help drive and improve fundamental processes, including preparation of board materials and SEC filings, entity management and international expansion efforts, corporate transactional support, equity administration, and insider trading policy compliance, among others. On a daily basis, you will partner with lawyers, legal operations team members, and other stakeholders across Samsara as we continue to scale and level-up the existing foundation we’ve built.
Some of our legal team’s values include being a force multiplier, embracing change and growth, smashing the status quo, being humble and kind, never sacrificing your ethics, and finding delight where you can. If these values resonate with you, we would love to talk to you.
Location: This role can be based anywhere in the United States.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
In this role, you will:
- Support core corporate governance and securities-related workstreams, including:
- Preparation and distribution of materials for Board of Directors and Committee meetings via Samsara’s board portal and maintenance of portal;
- Preparation of Board and Committee meeting minutes and resolutions;
- Preparation of Samsara’s SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, annual proxy statements, and Section 16 filings;
- Completion of NYSE listing requirements, including periodic attestations and other filings;
- Planning and logistics for annual stockholders’ meeting;
- Preparation and distribution of annual directors’ and officers’ questionnaires; and
- Management of all records for 10b5-1 trading plans and trading preclearance approval
- Support international expansion efforts and day-to-day management of general corporate governance matters for domestic and international subsidiaries, including:
- Formations, reorganizations, and dissolutions of subsidiaries;
- Developing and managing corporate entity database, and maintaining records and entity org charts; and
- Tracking and complying with applicable domestic and international corporate governance requirements, including preparation of annual reports and other required filings
- Provide support on corporate legal workstreams in connection with corporate transactions (M&A transactions, securities offerings, etc.)
- Manage corporate calendar of filings dates and supporting actions
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from the company’s internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with a variety of key stakeholders, including in-house counsel, legal operations, outside counsel, accounting, investor relations, tax, treasury, compliance, comms, and other business functions
- Recommend and implement new, scalable processes and procedures to increase team efficiency and organization
- Draft and coordinate execution of corporate documents
- Assist with other general corporate matters and special projects as needed
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal or legal assistant experience at a large law firm or high-growth and/or distributed technology company is a plus
- Experience preparing Section 16 filings and other securities-related documents
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and a collaborative mindset
- An ability to multitask effectively, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity and sound judgment
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with the following tasks:
- Preparing Board and Committee meeting minutes and resolutions
- Preparing transfer agent documentation
- International and domestic corporate entity setup and ongoing maintenance
- A strong desire to learn about our business, our customers, and the industries in which we operate
- A deep understanding of requirements, best practices, processes and procedures related to corporate governance, entity management and SEC reporting
- Experience working with a board of directors, senior management and cross-functional teams
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High proficiency using the following systems: Google Workspace, Slack, Docusign, Diligent Boards, Intelligize, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing ersity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and iniduals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an inidual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.