One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Customer Support 2
job requisition id
- With minimal supervision, provide education and assistance to internal and external customers in a manner that supports the achievement of VSP Vision’s satisfaction, growth, and operational excellence goals.
- Act as a first point of contact in addressing the complex and escalated customer concerns related to changes within VSP’s family of companies and line of businesses (LOBs)
- Respond to routine and complex telephone or written inquiries from members, doctors, clients, and consumers; effectively position messages in a manner that is supportive of isional and corporate strategies as necessary to ensure appropriate resolutions
Contingent on the VSP Vision Line of Business (LOB), requires in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Prescriptions, Plans, Products, Services, and Procedures
- Online purchasing & e-Commerce knowledge
- Internet knowledge
- Payment processing/payment collections
- Eligibility verification
- Order Status, Shipping Status, and Stock Availability
- Accurate completion of necessary documentation, letters, and forms processing
- Demonstrate confidence and skill in guiding customers in arriving at solutions that are supportive of strategic initiatives
- Identify and analyze trends and communicate to appropriate business partners. Suggest necessary corrections, changes, or solutions. Appropriately elevate situations that could have broader customer or business impacts
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of policies, procedures, medical terminology, telephone, and writing techniques. Remain current on all changes to policy, procedure, and product information to accurately and consistently respond to inquiries
- Maintain and organize correspondence to ensure consistent, accurate, and professional responses. Recommend updates to online knowledge management tools to clarify policy and procedures when conflicting information exists. May make recommendations or create new content
- Assist leadership staff in providing coaching and policy or procedural support to CSRs as applicable.
- Document performance opportunities acquired through escalated calls or frequent agent interactions, (compliments/complaints/coaching opportunities), and provides to appropriate Supervisor
- Contingent on the LOB, may create and manage assignments of monthly audit inventory
- Contingent on the LOB, may assist in the functions around complaints and grievances, such as monitoring compliance, reporting, etc.
- Contingent on the LOB, may assist in Identifying technical issues through problem duplication and manipulation of customer data to provide details to the software development team for product correction and improvement
- May be required to utilize multiple hardware and software tools to troubleshoot a variety of issues
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Two to four years of customer service experience handling complex issues in a high-volume environment
- One year taking ACD calls within a call center environment
- Available to work any shift, including weekends, holidays, and/or overnight
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills including business writing, grammar, and punctuation in order to correspond with customers via letter, email, and webchat
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team with minimal supervision; takes initiative to effectively carry out responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and/or coach as necessary with all levels of employees; possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Effective written communication skills to clearly document customer situations, as well as prepare letters to confirm agreements made verbally
- Demonstrated ability to learn, support change management and assimilate new information quickly
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to work at a computer at least 90% of the time
- Ability to work within multiple complex systems to extract information needed to support customers
If this position acts as a third-party administrator (TPA) for processing payments, then candidates will be subject to a credit check
In order to successfully and consistently perform the duties of a Customer Support Representative at VSP Vision on our systems and networks, the following internet and equipment (provided by VSP Vision) are required:
- OS (VSP Provided) Windows 10
- CPU (VSP Provided) Intel® Core™ i5-7500 (4 Cores/6MB/4T/3.6GHz)
- Memory (VSP Provided) 16GB 2X8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory
- Hard Drive (VSP Provided) 256GB Solid State Hard Drive
- VSP Provided Wired Headset Yes
- Wired Connection (to Router/Modem; Cable/wire provided by VSP) Router/Modem NOT provided by VSP Vision Yes
- Download Speed (per user on home network) 50 Mbps
- Upload Speed (per user on home network) 10 Mbps
- Loaded Latency < 150 ms
Compensation range for the role is listed below. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding VSP Vision benefits, please click here.
VSP Vision is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
As a regular part of doing business,VSPVision (“VSP”)collects many different types of personal information, including protected health information, about our audiences, including members, doctors, clients, brokers, business partners, and employees. VSP Vision employees will have access to this sensitive personal information and are subject to follow Information Security and Privacy Policies.