One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Merchstack is looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to help architect, build, and evolve our frontend operator experiences. We’re seeking developers who think about the Frontend in terms of systems, reuse, flexibility, and performance.
To succeed in this role, you will need a breadth of experience working in data-rich applications, an eye for clean design, a thorough understanding of modern web architecture, excellent communication skills, and a practical, non-dogmatic approach to problem-solving.
**What you’ll do**
- Develop new user-facing web features using React and 3rd party frameworks inside of the React eco-system.
- Build highly responsive UI components using React and TailwindCSS.
- Optimize our application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure web designs are responsive and architected in a scalable fashion.
- Build engaging, easy-to-use, accessible interfaces that delight and empower users.
- Work with design and product functions to implement designs.
- Work with the backend engineers to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Build reusable code for future use.
- Provide clarity and mentorship to junior developers.
- React, Typescript and TailwindCSS
- Apollo GraphQL with subscriptions powering client-side events.
- Cloudflare as a CDN for static assets and workers caching API response data.
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Git via the Gitflow branching model
**What we look for**
- 5+ years of proven experience building stateful, data-orientated SPAs with React and tools inside of the React ecosystem.
- Confident in leveraging relational data sources at scale, this includes but is not limited to a deep understanding of data cardinality, data structures and efficient client-side memory management for large datasets and fast-moving dimensions.
- SASS, CSS and HTML and an understanding of CSS modules or CSS in JS
- Advanced Typescript knowledge and desire to use more advanced Typescript concepts to reduce boiler-plate.
- Will not write O(n!) code.
- Good understanding of Internet protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, WebSocket and demonstratable web performance tuning skills
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Experience with visualization frameworks such as D3.js.
- Functional understanding of service-based architecture.
- Packaging container-based applications with an emphasis on small footprints.
- An active Github account, showcasing your own projects
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, reliable experiences.
- You care about code quality and are committed to writing strongly typed, well-tested code.
- You are intrinsically motivated, able to manage your time, and enjoy working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall
- You approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- You strive to foster relationships in order ensure healthy debate.
- You show gratitude and give back.