One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Accounts Payable Accountant
Remote, United States
Finance & Accounting | Perm Full-time
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a erse workforce. Through its JazzHR and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 12,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit www.employinc.com.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Accountant will play a critical role in supporting the day to day operations of the accounting department as the company continues to grow. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, high energy employee who looks forward to working in a rapidly changing environment and wants to make a difference every day.
- Record daily journal entry activity related to invoices and accounts payable, expense reports, credit card transactions, etc.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting.
- Follow established and evolving procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiencies and processes.
- Acquire and maintain vendor and customer supporting documentation, including W-9 forms, sales tax exemption forms, etc.
- Process vendor payments on a weekly basis.
- Assist in month-end close as directed by Senior Accounting Manager and Controller, including AP Aging reconciliation and other month-end close duties as assigned.
- Prepare periodic compliance forms.
- Assist stakeholders (employees, vendors, etc.) by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Maintain/update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient work flow.
- Other duties assigned, including but not limited to sorting and distributing incoming mail, assist with annual audits.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable function.
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Sage Intacct, ChromeRiver, Emburse, Nvoicepay a plus
- Able to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Superior attention to detail working with large volume of data.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
- A natural curiosity to learn, apply accounting guidelines, make informed decisions and appropriate actions.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Proficient at 10-key and typing, ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity employer.Jobvite is an EVerify employer.