One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
LEGAL, TRUEACCORD – LEGAL
TrueAccord, a wholly owned subsidiary of TrueML, is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
The Paralegals support the in-house legal team and focus primarily on assisting with litigation, contract review and organization, responding to regulatory investigations, drafting and reviewing both internal and external content, assisting with licensing, and legal communications.
We are seeking a Paralegal to support our in-house legal team. The ideal candidate has experience with licensing, litigation, and contract/entity management. They must be able to identify and assess risk. This role also requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with the internal team, business partners, and external counsel.
This role reports directly to the Associate General Counsel.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle incoming litigation and demand letters; investigate the facts surrounding the allegations to determine the next steps, communicate with opposing counsel and outside counsel, draft complaint responses, motions, and settlement agreements.
- Maintain the contracts management system under the supervision of manager; track events (renewals, terminations, deliverable dates) including client contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other business contracts.
- Liaison for both client and consumer-facing employees who have legal questions.
- Review and assist in filing licensing renewals, updates, and other documents as necessary to maintain good standing for licenses and bonds in all 50 states for all entities and branches under the supervision of the manager.
- Assist with incoming regulatory complaints, assist with peer reviewing draft responses; manage our BBB accreditation and maintain our grade.
- Legal routing of subpoenas and other legal correspondence.
- Conduct legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Perform other administrative duties, as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years relevant experience working in the debt collection industry, either with a company or law firm serving the industry
- 5+ years experience with a corporate legal department or law firm, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and high ethical standards.
- Driven to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, including the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and new management procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to the position and the company by remaining focused on the company’s mission statement
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product; the ability to think critically and take initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Notary Public Commission (or willingness to obtain one);
- Strong proficiency with Mac computer systems and Google Suite applications (G Suite);
- Paralegal certificate.
$67,124 to $77,193
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Inidual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family-friendly policies – parental leave, remote positions
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP) + Wellness Coach for you and 5 others
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community!
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueML and TrueAccord are equal opportunity employers. We promote, value, and thrive with a erse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.