One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Title: Information Security Specialist – Data Scanning Program Specialist
Location: Johnston Rhode Island United States, Remote
Category: Cyber, Risk, RemoteReferenceNumber: 226780JobType: 1st Shift
This role is for a Data Scanning Security Specialist working in the Data Protection and Insider Threat Program.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting, developing, and enhancing the Data Scanning Program for both local and cloud environments, and will engage with stakeholders across the organization, produce metrics, documentation, and implement and support tools related to the data scanning program.
A successful candidate will:
- Assess existing scanning program, implement cloud scanning capabilities
- Assist in deployment and maintenance of data scanning tools
- Partner with other groups within the organization to identify and remediate file share access risk.
- Work with risk partners to identify controls, determine control adequacy, and identify control monitoring opportunities and areas for improvement/enhancement
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data access information and remediate permission compliance issues based on company security standards
- Discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior, communicate an understanding of current and developing Cyber threats to key stakeholders, and stay current with emerging trends and threats in the field of insider threat
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of experience with information security concepts, best practices, and regulations related to data loss prevention
- Understanding of enterprise security and networking technology and how the technology relates to the prevention, detection, and response of data loss
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including but not limited to: correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, etc.).
- Ability to execute work independently and as a team member with good interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Working knowledge of cloud topology
- Knowledge of file share security and Windows ACL administration
- Knowledge of varying cloud platforms
- Familiarity with cloud security at major cloud service providers
- Bachelor s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or a related field preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday