One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Billing Support Specialist
Upperline Health launched in 2017 and is the nation’s leading comprehensive and coordinated lower extremity healthcare organization. Upperline Health provides the highest quality integrated health services to more patients in need through a skilled and compassionate team. We specialize in targeting patients at risk of developing complications and intervening earlier with an innovative care management approach to prevent more serious consequences. Upperline Health is based out of Nashville, TN and currently has practices in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Comprehensive benefit options include medical, dental and vision, 401K and PTO.
About the Billing Support Specialist Role
Upperline Health is seeking a Billing Support Specialist to support a team of clinicians in delivering complex health services by providing telephone billing support and assistance to patients and team members across all our podiatric clinics. Ideal candidates will have prior experience working with medical billing, familiarity with medical terminology and insurance as well as customer service experience. This person must be an outstanding communicator, and a team player who demonstrates strong attention to detail and thrives in a collaborative environment. As Upperline expands, this inidual will be able to explore a wide range of career opportunities within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively triage inbound medical billing related calls by asking appropriate fact-finding questions
- Assist in resolving billing related questions and issues with patients in a timely and appropriate manner over the phone
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding payment arrangements, account documentation, proper disclosures, and update of patient information
- Answer internal medical billing related questions from team members working in the clinics in addition to the questions from patients directly
- May be requested to support and perform other duties based on business demand
Qualifications of the Billing Support Specialist
- Exceptional customer service orientation featuring an empathetic, compassionate and professional demeanor with each interaction
- Significant familiarity and experience with medical billing (HCPCS, ICD-10), medical insurance, and medical terminology
- Tenacious problem solver, with demonstrated capacity to embrace complex problems and arrive at effective solutions in a timely manner
- Experience with Athenahealth EMR is ideal but not required
- Enjoys working in a team-based environment with active collaboration
- Must be an effective communicator, able to explain billing resolutions in an informational, influential, concise, and personable manner with outstanding etiquette
- Strong written communication skills with success in providing notes, updates, and written communications via computer systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that relies on the ability to multi-task and balance multiple, competing priorities, yet is still able to balance that energy and drive with sensitivity and compassion
Job Type: Full Time