One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
REMOTE – US
GENERAL & ADMINISTRATION – FINANCE
We’re thrilled to announce our new name Firstup!
Firstup is fundamentally changing how organizations communicate and is the backbone of the entire Digital Employee Experience. From the front line to the C-suite, we help deliver targeted information at the right time, in the right place, and in the right language. We are unifying the digital workplace and giving workers personalized access to all the systems, resources, and applications they need to do their jobs.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world.
Every Employee is an Owner with responsibility and credit for our progress Leadership is in our build and we see change as a catalyst for improvement We win as a team, committed to help our coworkers and customers thrive
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to support the Accounts Payable function at Firstup. You will work to ensure our vendor, tax and employee related expenses are paid correctly and on time. Our ideal candidate is both analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for process improvement. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the AP process is running smoothly and that Firstup is current with its obligations to outside vendors.
The ideal candidate will be looking to join a fast-growing Private Equity backed SaaS based software company. You should be a problem solver and self-starter who utilizes data to drive projects to completion. The successful candidate will display a balance of technical and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs. This role will report into the Senior AP Specialist.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable functions including documentation review, coding, securing of sufficient support and approvals, entry and payment for all business expenses, and reconciliation of the related transactions and accounts.
- Ensure vendor and employee reimbursement checks runs are processed weekly
- Own Vendor department mapping and GL coding and partner with FP&A to keep mapping up to date
- Monitor AP inbox on a daily basis and respond to inquiries from vendors/employees timely
- Monitor company expenditures and design NetSuite reports to track spend
- Verify and validate employee expense reports
- Ensure payment credits are applied correctly
- Prepare journal entries and payment schedules as needed, supported by sufficient documentation and calculation.
- Perform monthly reconciliations including, but not limited to, prepaid expenses, accounts payable, various accruals, fixed assets, and payroll expenses.
- Assist with audit requests as needed and ensure AP documentation is audit compliant
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Support procure to pay automation initiatives and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for system implementations
Required Skills & Qualification
- 4+ years of experience in supporting the Accounts Payable function
- Experience with NetSuite, Airbase, and Concur is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc., and computer skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- Being detail-oriented is a must as this is a critical function within the Finance organization
- Outstanding communication skills (written/ oral) and ability to partner cross-functionally
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification is a plus