One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Oncology Pathology Assistant
- Assist the medical and customer service teams with the interpretation of oncology pathology reports to identify optimal samples to request when initial FFPE blocks or slides are inadequate for testing.
- Read and ensure accurate curation of clinical history, diagnosis, progress notes, and specimen information is entered into the Signatera sample database.
- Assist with devising strategies to stratify data for retrieval from the Signatera sample database and other databases as necessary.
- Maintain proficiency with and help organize diagnostic data according to pertinent WHO guidelines.
- Serve as subject matter expert to the Laboratory Director, Genetic Counseling, Customer Experience, Sales, and Clinical Trial teams for pathology reports.
- Assist in the identification and alert the Laboratory Director when samples may have been collected at suboptimal timepoints and/or fixative conditions.
- Assist Genetic Counseling and Customer Experience teams in identification and procurement of optimal additional samples, as necessary.
- Provide professional support for the Clinical Trial team through accurate and organized data transfer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, with certification as a Histology Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or equivalent board, is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in anatomic pathology including extensive knowledge of solid tumor pathology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately understand and convey information found in anatomic pathology reports to team members for a wide variety of solid tumors, including but not limited to lung, colon, and breast cancer.
- Ability to identify potential diagnostic sample(s) that will ensure successful testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and referring pathology laboratories.
- Ability to build relationships with referring pathology laboratories.
- Detail oriented. Ability to think broadly about the importance of clinical information and to work independently.
The pay range is listed and actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits – Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.