One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team is the best team.
We help businesses access the best on-demand software teams on the planet, and build freelancer careers on our platform with more benefits than permanent employment.Having recently signed a £30m partnership with BT, alongside existing strategic investment from Capita, Guinness Asset Management and Fuel Ventures, you'll be working with talented professionals from a erse set of backgrounds who together are scaling the UK’s Future of Work category leader.To find out more, head to https://distributed.co/about.
- Reviewing client contracts and statements of work in collaboration to identify commercial and compliance risks, partnering with the business to negotiate contract changes to reduce those risks (liability, IR35, data protection etc).
- Manage the contract amendments and renewals process for all suppliers, partners and clients and provide day to day contract support to the business, including ensuring:
- correct up to date templates are used
- mark-ups are reviewed by the appropriate stakeholders within the business,
- statements of work are complete
- contracts are approved by appropriate stakeholders, signed and filed
- renewals are diarised and managed
- data protection agreements/addendums are in place and managed
- Reducing edge case management across the business by developing standard fallbacks and playbooks (with Legal) for use by the business.
- Building and managing our contracts register.
- Help create and improve our contracts and compliance processes for scale, develop standard forms and checklists, and drive efficiencies in the contracts process.
- Internal training across the business on contracts and contracting processes.
- Update the business (with Legal) on developments in relevant laws, regulations, guidelines (e.g. relating to data protection, IR35 requirements, etc.).
- Data protection compliance lead for the business.
- Experience in contract management, compliance, legal and/or a risk advisory related role
- Proven experience as a Paralegal or similar role
- Well organised with an ability to manage a variable workload and ad-hoc tasks.
- Excellent IT skills – you know your way around a spreadsheet
- Practical, sensible and can demonstrate good commercial common sense.
- Clear and confident communicator
- Proactive mindset, always finding ways to improve and support the compliance and legal functions within the business
- Team-player with a drive for collective success
- Willingness to learn, grow and challenge yourself
- Prior experience of a working with a tech company or start-up/scale-up preferred
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.