One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Corporate Counsel, Regulatory
Remote – US
At DraftKings, we’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and erse perspectives.
Be the strategy behind the game.
We’re searching for a Corporate Counsel to provide best-in-class support to stakeholders across the organization. In this role, you will be a member of the Gaming and Regulatory group, and provide legal counsel for all regulatory matters surrounding our gaming products. As a Corporate Counsel, you must have outstanding core legal skills, balanced business and legal judgment, and a commitment to the growth and success of DraftKings. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Corporate Counsel, Regulatory:
- Work with various business units on regulatory and legal issues surrounding the company’s licensed and regulated product offerings.
- Provide support to our Compliance Team on interpreting regulatory and licensing guidelines.
- Work with outside regulators to anticipate and resolve any disputes concerning how regulations apply to the company’s product offerings and business operations.
- Regularly evaluate the user-facing aspects of the company’s product offerings in light of legal and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and guide response to legal and regulatory issues surrounding customer communications.
- Coordinate cross-functional legal input by working closely with other attorneys within the Legal department.
- Manage and direct outside law firms where necessary.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of legal experience at a law firm, in-house, or working for a state or federal regulatory or enforcement body.
- Knowledge of the gaming law industry is strongly preferred, interest in gaming law required.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited institution with excellent academic credentials.
- Genuine desire to learn and adapt to an in-house legal environment in a technology-driven growth stage company.
- Team player with excellent business and legal judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and analyzing regulations.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an inidual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $153,600.00 – $230,400.00, plus bonus, equity, and benefits as applicable. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, inidual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and how that was determined during the hiring process.