One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7)
The Lead Backend Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of an entire application. Responsibilities include technical design, technical development, and team leadership. The Lead Backend Engineer will organize the activities of up to four Backend Engineers. Additional responsibilities include ensuring technical estimates are provided, design and development of the application, and delegating responsibilities to junior developers.
- Take ownership of backend system architecture and implementation
- Work with senior management on timelines and work allocation
- Mentor a team of developers, involving delegation of project tasks or responsibilities
- Work closely with frontend and product teams to regularly ship working features
- Work in an iterative fashion using Scrum
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Strong Python skills
- Experience with Linux, Postgres, and AWS-centric development. Past use of OpenAPI, DynamoDB, Lamba, SQS, Angular, Terraform or CloudFormation valued.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving
- Experience using serverless stacks with AWS, Azure, or GCP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EOE