One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, National, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia
Type of Position
Salary range $65-70,000 will depending on experience. Attractive benefits package.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seek an experienced full-time Human Resource Generalist. Clean Water Action (CWA) is a national, grassroots environmental organization that aims to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote the passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund (CWF) is a national research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues related to water, waste, and toxics.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are committed to becoming anti-racist organizations. The Generalist will support the Human Resources and Culture Director in an effort to assure that policies and personnel management are aligned with this goal and with best HR practices and keep the Organizations in compliance with employment laws and regulations. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department, including supporting recruitment functions of National and Local openings, onboarding/offboarding of staff, benefits, and leave, and enforcing organizational policies and practices. This position requires an inspiring, collaborative, courageous, innovative, visionary leader with outstanding communication and management skills.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Collaborates with local managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implements new hire onboarding and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws, equal employment practices, and anti-discrimination laws. Experience in managing multi-state labor laws and practices is helpful.
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and equity, and experience working with erse communities and staff.
- Ability to understand, interpret, develop and communicate policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to empathize and defuse sensitive or contentious employee issues.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- SHRM-CP a plus.