One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Managing Editor, Yahoo Commerce
United States of America – Remote
job requisition id
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
Yahoo is seeking an experienced managing editor to join our rapidly expanding editorial commerce team. You will oversee our daily publishing process, working with the team to ensure a balanced, informative content cycle every day on Yahoo’s commerce-focused channels, helping to guide our readers to the best products to buy, while saving time and money via timely product deals. You’ll work closely with our Executive Editor to assign, edit, publish and promote our content, and with our SEO planning and analytics teams to assess and refine our strategy. You will also plan content and staffing across our tentpole commerce events.
This role has the potential to be remote, or working a few days per week in any of Yahoo’s offices in New York, Playa Vista, San Jose, San Francisco, Dulles, Baltimore, Omaha or Richardson, TX.
- You’ll be the day-to-day contact for content partners creating articles for Yahoo’s commerce properties, and in charge of assigning, trafficking and managing the editing of their content —with SEO as a priority— up to 20 articles per day.
- You’ll work closely with our on-staff category experts and SEO specialists on expanding our product review content. You’ll monitor trending SEO terms and assign and edit timely commerce content.
- You’ll lead planning for key sale tentpole events, such as Prime Day, Black Friday Weekend, and more, working closely with our SEO teams on our coverage strategy and article updates.
- You’ll analyze traffic and conversion results with analytics tools on a daily basis to monitor performance and to inform future content.
- You’ll oversee daily trafficking of content and work with our product teams to make this experience more efficient and effective.
- At least 6+ years of experience writing and editing lifestyle, entertainment, and/or tech commerce content at a digital media outlet. News outlet a plus. Experienced candidates are welcome.
- At least 6+ years of experience managing the publishing of SEO-optimized best lists, product reviews and deals content.
- At least 6+ years of SEO experience creating and editing commerce content in this space with proven success.
- At least 6+ years of experience managing a team of commerce writers and editors.
- Fast and nimble editing skills; the ability to balance voice and quality with SEO best practices, and a knack for crafting relevant headlines.
- Deadline-driven, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Ability to adjust quickly while planning ahead for tentpole events and news cycles.
- Strong analytical skills
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that ersity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our ersity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/ersity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those iniduals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $110,625.00 – $230,625.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.