One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
at WellSaid Labs
Remote – US
Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
Who You Are: A QA Engineer ready to join our growing team.
As Senior Quality Engineer at WellSaid Labs, you’ll be working on large-scale projects to continuously improve the quality and performance of our application, platform, core services, and artificial intelligence (AI) software systems. This includes developing and implementing quality assurance processes, testing strategies, and tools to ensure that our products and solutions meet customer requirements and industry standards.
As our first QA hire, you will be responsible for establishing processes and tools to enable the entire engineering team to improve quality and automate regression testing. You will also establish a vision for QA at WellSaid Labs to ensure the quality and reliability of all of our software solutions, gain alignment on that vision with the Engineering team, then develop a roadmap to realize the vision.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Work with development teams to ensure the quality of software deployments
- Develop and maintain automated testing systems
- Design and implement test plans for larger features and releases
- Lead development and implementation of software testing strategies, processes/procedures and tools
- Collaborate with other teams to build predictable software quality into every release
- Collaborate with development teams to identify and resolve software defects
- Ensure that the software meets customer requirements and industry standards
- Provide guidance and mentorship to engineers on improving software quality and automated testing
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in software quality assurance
- Communicate regularly with senior management on the status of quality assurance efforts and any issues that arise
- Collaborate on feature delivery plans, code reviews, infrastructure improvements, and larger engineering efforts across product offerings
- Identify novel ways to empower the engineering team to automate quality
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you should have a strong passion for building high-quality, elegant AI software solutions. You ideally also have some combination of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and testing
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and testing methodologies
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience with AI technologies.
- Experience with Node, Jest, Cypress, and/or Docker is a plus.
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $95,000 – $140,000 and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- A technical screen, either as a live interview via Karat or as a take-home assessment
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable and set up for success in our process.